Renaming php scripts to php5

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
divingbrit

Renaming php scripts to php5

Post by divingbrit » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:43 pm

My host has upgraded their php version, but want to preserve their exsiting setup. This is what they have posted
28th February 2006 - Introducing PHP5
We are pleased to announce today that the new version of the popular PHP programming language is available on all the Heart Internet web servers.

PHP5 has many new features including a streamlined and faster running core.

To preserve our current PHP setup all existing scripts are unaffected, customers wishing to run PHP5 should call their PHP5 script something.php5 which will ensure that the web server runs the script as a PHP5 file.

Question is, do I need to change every file, and every mention of php, on a board this size there must be hundreds. Has anyone come across this before?
Shy but working at it

espicom

Post by espicom » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:49 pm

Yes, if you want to do this, you need to rename all .php files to .php5, and change extension.inc to reflect this.
Jeff
Fixing 1016/1030/1034 Errors | (obsolete link) | MySQL 4.1/5.x Client Error | phpBBv2 Logo in ACP
Support requests via PM are ignored!
"To be fully alive is to feel that everything is possible." - Eric Hoffer

divingbrit

Post by divingbrit » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:16 pm

Thanks for the very quick reply, just to clarify, I will need to change every occurence of the word php, not just file names, believe the easiest way to do this is run the site through a ' find and replace util' also
and change extension.inc to reflect this.

sorry I don't understand this bit
Shy but working at it

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:18 pm

you change all your files extensions from php to php5 and then open extension.inc in a text editor and change the php inside this file to php5

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”