How To Delete a User Account

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
SLytle

How To Delete a User Account

Post by SLytle » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:07 pm

I have a user that registered with the BB, but did not answer the email sent by the BB. His account never activated. He can not get into the BB private areas. I see his usnername and email in the admin management area. I have set his permissions in user permissions. He still can not get in. I asked if he ever answered the email the BB sent, he said he never saw it and can not find it.

Do I have to delete him (and how do I do that) and have him re-register, or is there an admin fix I can do to get him into the private areas?

Can anyone give me some guidance.

~AJK~

Post by ~AJK~ » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:09 pm

Most likely his e-mail from you is being filtered as spam. Just log in as administrator, choose his username and activate him manually.
If the solutions posted above worked can you add [SOLVED] to beginning the subject of your first post to help others? Click on the "EDIT" button next to your FIRST post in the thread.
Click the following: Help for Newbies | Support Request Template
No PM's Please

Deceptakon

Post by Deceptakon » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:12 pm

You can always activate this person yourself by going to acp - User Admin - Management - enter the name of the user in question and click "Look up user" - scroll to the bottom and activate this person and click "submit"

All done, I hope this helps 8)

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”