I'm willing to pay someone to fix my BB

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
eightbit

I'm willing to pay someone to fix my BB

Post by eightbit »

Are there any paid services that provide support on phpbb?

I inherited a messed up phpbb. Lots of things are not working properly. Its running version 2.0.11. I'm desperately in need of getting the visual confirmation working for new accounts. If anyone is interested in making some money and helping me out let me know. Its a small site so we don't have a lot of money to spend but we are willing to pay. I'd love to get everything up to date and working but we really need the visual confirmation more than anything else.

Thunderboy

Post by Thunderboy »

if u jus need help installin a new forum ill do it - but anythin else i dunno - i myself im a n00b

custmguru®

Post by custmguru® »

well, what i would suggest is this. create a folder and call it newforum. install all your files, and COPY (NOT MOVE) the config file from the old copy to the new location. access the direcotry and it should be working after you remove the install and contrib folders. Then rename your current board location from (i.e/forum/) to /oldforum/ and then make the newer version the original name (/forum/ or whatever) . then run the update_to_latest.php's from 2.0.12 to current to update the DB tables.

that should be relatively painless and you will now have a current and completly working board. You could pay someone to do it, but what would it cost. Even as easy as that is, I wouldn't ask less than $50 to do it, just becasue im so busy right now.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

This is a free forum where everyone helps out for nuthin :)

You don't have visual confirmation on your forum because that came in somewhere around verison 15 or so. You're currently 9 versions out of date and very hackable.

You need to upgrade and how you do it depends on whether you have any MODs installed and whether you actually want to keep them if you have them. Either way it isn't complicated and there's plenty of information and help on here to help you do it. It's much much better if you do it yourself because then you'll now how to do it in the future.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

cybrid23
Former Team Member

Post by cybrid23 »

There is a way to start from scratch, but keep your current database and update your forum at the same time. If you have any Mods installed, this *will* remove them.

Backup all your forum files

Go into the Admin Panel and set the style to subSilver

Download the Full Package 2.0.20 from this site

Delete all the files in your forum folder *except* config.php

Upload the Full Package 2.0.20 *except* for the config.php file

Point your browser to:

http://www.yoursite.com/forum/install/u ... latest.php

***Note: Replace yoursite.com and forum with your stuff

Delete the /install and /contrib folders
---Never leave home without a towel and your peril sensitive sunglasses.
---Do Not PM Me For Support. It will go unanswered.
Thanks.

Thunderboy

Post by Thunderboy »

Kevin Clark wrote: This is a free forum where everyone helps out for nuthin :)

yeah clarks right sry i said i would charge - anyway do wat cybrid23 says cause it wrks i jus updated mine

eightbit

Post by eightbit »

Wow 30 minutes and a slew of good replys. I didn't mean to offend. by offering to pay.

Thanks everyone!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”