Upgrading from phpBB 2.0.11 to phpBB 2.0.20

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
dair19

Upgrading from phpBB 2.0.11 to phpBB 2.0.20

Post by dair19 »

Hello,

My web-page is currently based on phpBB 2.0.11. Can somebody please tell me the easiest way to migrate to phpBB 2.0.20? Do I have to diff and compare and merge all of my files? I do not have many MODs - is there a shorter way to upgrade?

Thanks much!

custmguru®

Post by custmguru® »

This is my suggestion, just posted a few threads down. It's the easiest way...
well, what i would suggest is this. create a folder and call it newforum. install all your files, and COPY (NOT MOVE) the config file from the old copy to the new location. access the direcotry and it should be working after you remove the install and contrib folders. Then rename your current board location from (i.e/forum/) to /oldforum/ and then make the newer version the original name (/forum/ or whatever) . then run the update_to_latest.php's from 2.0.12 to current to update the DB tables. Install easymod and reinstall mods

Here is another way, but i prefer mine because it keeps everything active in case theres a problem with the new files.
There is a way to start from scratch, but keep your current database and update your forum at the same time. If you have any Mods installed, this *will* remove them.

Backup all your forum files

Go into the Admin Panel and set the style to subSilver

Download the Full Package 2.0.20 from this site

Delete all the files in your forum folder *except* config.php

Upload the Full Package 2.0.20 *except* for the config.php file

Point your browser to:

http://www.yoursite.com/forum/install/u ... latest.php

***Note: Replace yoursite.com and forum with your stuff

Delete the /install and /contrib folders

Reinstall mods

dair19

Post by dair19 »

custmguru, thanks!

I will try this out. I should have browsed the other posts first before posting the question! I've been away for too long (9 versions!) Anyway, glad to be back.

Cheers!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”