parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
rolfd

parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/

Post by rolfd » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:54 pm

Hi all, I decided to move my site to a new host.

I uploaded all the original files that were in the 'forum' folder on my old host to the new one, and i changed the details in config.php to the new host details, I now get this error>>
parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/vizoffry/public_html/forum/config.php on line 10

Can anyone help me with this?

Cheers

Bobble

Post by Bobble » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:43 pm

Most likely a typo in the config file after you edited it. I would suggest that you take another look and remember that this is a php file you are dealing with so each line must end with a semicolon ; and that there can be no white space and blank lines after the final ?>

Also any characters such as apostrophes must be escaped with a backslash \

~AJK~

Post by ~AJK~ » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:21 pm

When you are finished with Bobble's suggestions, make sure that you edit your database to point to the new location as well.
If the solutions posted above worked can you add [SOLVED] to beginning the subject of your first post to help others? Click on the "EDIT" button next to your FIRST post in the thread.
Click the following: Help for Newbies | Support Request Template
No PM's Please

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”