Mass Email Error

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
gampdesigns

Mass Email Error

Post by gampdesigns » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:53 pm

i have just gone to send a mass email to everyoine and come to see that it wont let me...i keep getting an error even after i reupload the emailer.php file and it still dont work...

this is what im getting

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php

is there a way to fix this?

~AJK~

Post by ~AJK~ » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:10 pm

The following links should help you verify correct e-mail configuration: After reading these articles and attempting the fixes they suggest, if you still have questions, concerns, or even if you want to report back that it worked, please post it here in this same thread. Good luck!
If the solutions posted above worked can you add [SOLVED] to beginning the subject of your first post to help others? Click on the "EDIT" button next to your FIRST post in the thread.
Click the following: Help for Newbies | Support Request Template
No PM's Please

gampdesigns

Post by gampdesigns » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:52 pm

none of those worked...but i have a mass pm thing instead and those also send out emails letting people know they have a pm...i guess ill just have to find an automatic group assigner when people sign up...if there possibly is one

coberg

Post by coberg » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:10 am

What worked for me (still unsure as to why, but why question it) was to set mail to send via SMTP and just enter my SMTP server (didn't require username or password). Mail went through like a charm!

gampdesigns

Post by gampdesigns » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:39 am

i guess i coul.d try that without putting in my username and pass...but when i did that it said soemthing about there was no route or soemthing....

that new pm thing i set up tho worked and sent out emails...i just have to set the auto join usergroups feature

~AJK~

Post by ~AJK~ » Mon May 01, 2006 12:53 pm

It is most likely that your host has a limit to the number of mass-emails you can send, hence, your using the mass-e-mail mod. Talk to your host.
If the solutions posted above worked can you add [SOLVED] to beginning the subject of your first post to help others? Click on the "EDIT" button next to your FIRST post in the thread.
Click the following: Help for Newbies | Support Request Template
No PM's Please

gampdesigns

Post by gampdesigns » Tue May 02, 2006 1:13 am

idk about that because i havent sent mass email for like 6 months and then when i do i get an error...but i found another way to do it

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”