Is It Possible To Change Posting Layout?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
[Hazard]Rowan

Is It Possible To Change Posting Layout?

Post by [Hazard]Rowan »

Im using the subBlack theme on my forum. And the way it works is like one post the background layout is black, and the next post is grey, and so on and so forth.

I want to make this a bit more custom. I want to change bits like the color and maybe add lines to certain bits etc. Does anyone know if:

1. Its possible to do this stuff
2. Which file it is that would contain this stuff to change it?
3. (not important) but if anyone knows a guide on changing it?

Thanks alot.
http://www.hazardforum.co.uk
Come and Join The Community :)
Dan39

Post by Dan39 »

Yes you can do that stuff. It is nice to have a basic knowledge of HTML for this.

For many colors, fonts, etc. you can edit those in the css file. Go to your forum directory and then templates/subBlack/subBlack.css. The colors there are all in HEX so just search google for hex colors. To add bits of text in at different places you must edit the .tpl files. They are all also in the same folder as the css file. Each file is name for the basic page that it is, and it is pretty simple to figure out which one you want to edit. For editing them the best thing to do is to probably search through the file for a unique piece of text right next to where you want to add something, and then add right after that. This is where some knowledge of HTML is needed. A good place to learn HTML is w3schools.com When you get to the HTML tutorial if you want to get into it fast so that you just know where to add the text in then going straight to the tables section is probably the best, after learning <br /> that is lol, and then thats all you basically need to know to just add lines of text.
[Hazard]Rowan

Post by [Hazard]Rowan »

Thanks alot man.. Wish me luck :P And if I make it good ill post it so you can see that my progress was succesful (or unsuccessful :P )
Dan39

Post by Dan39 »

Since what you want is pretty simple, if you go make a mod request I can do one for you.(with explanations of how I did it)
[Hazard]Rowan

Post by [Hazard]Rowan »

OK ill go to Mod Request just now and make the topic:

"Can Someone Edit My Template"

Just make sure you answer 1st lol :P

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”