Post upgrade 2.0.17 -> 2.0.20 - admin panel artifact

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
stardotstar

Post upgrade 2.0.17 -> 2.0.20 - admin panel artifact

Post by stardotstar » Sat May 13, 2006 10:22 am

OK, having read the where to post what guidelines I know that there is no place on phpBB.com to post this question depending on how you look at my problem.

I do have mods on my board - but prior to manually upgrading from 2.0.17 to 2.0.20 version by version I am left with only one problem - probably aesthetic - but I want to check it out because it may indicate some other problem with the file I must have incorrectly edited.

This upgrade is done on a clone of my working 2.0.17 board and once I have finished testing I will upgrade the board. This artifact is not in evidence on my 2.0.17 board.

I have tried to find it without success (searching for "i"'s is almost futile. I can tell which files I shouldn't need to check but I can't work out where this is being generated.

Can someone point me to the place where this character "i" is likely to be being injected so I can excise it and check the overall sanity of my upgrade? This has been a long session so I must have made a silly mistake:

Notice the "i" in a different font to the text above and the frame below.

I have checked the source of the frame:

Code: Select all

/* Import the fancy styles for IE only (NS4.x doesn't use the @import function) */
@import url("../templates/subSilver/formIE.css"); 
-->
</style>
<title>arcHELI DEV Board - Comanche - </title>
</head>
<body bgcolor="#E5E5E5" text="#000000" link="#006699" vlink="#5493B4">

<a name="top"></a>
<h1>General Configuration</h1>

<p>The form below will allow you to customize all the general board options. For User and Forum configurations use the related links on the left hand side.</p>

<form action="admin_board.php?sid=24204799ee8e3e9d9d7b3d6b40010c10" method="post"><table width="99%" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0" align="center" class="forumline">
	<tr>
	  <th class="thHead" colspan="2">General Board Settings</th>
and so on...

I have tried trawling through the admin.php and admin.tpl files but have drawn a blank.

Can anyone give me a pointer.

Sorry if this really isn't where this post should be - I couldn't really tell from the regulations where such a question should go - except on another forum I guess. So apologies again.

TIA
Will
\x!\\_

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple » Sat May 13, 2006 10:29 am

i would have thought it will be somewhere in the templates admin/board_config_body.tpl file if it is only showing in the admin configuration!

stardotstar

Post by stardotstar » Sat May 13, 2006 11:05 am

Yeah, I thought it would be at the top of that somehow:

<h1>{L_CONFIGURATION_TITLE}</h1>

<p>{L_CONFIGURATION_EXPLAIN}</p>

<form action="{S_CONFIG_ACTION}" method="post"><table width="99%" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0" align="center" class="forumline">
	<tr>
	  <th class="thHead" colspan="2">{L_GENERAL_SETTINGS}</th>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td class="row1">{L_SERVER_NAME}</td>
		<td class="row2"><input class="post" type="text" maxlength="255" size="40" name="server_name" value="{SERVER_NAME}" /></td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td class="row1">{L_SERVER_PORT}<br /><span class="gensmall">{L_SERVER_PORT_EXPLAIN}</span></td>
		<td class="row2"><input class="post" type="text" maxlength="5" size="5" name="server_port" value="{SERVER_PORT}" /></td>
	</tr>
and sused out the lang entries:

//
// Configuration
//
$lang['General_Config'] = 'General Configuration';
$lang['Config_explain'] = 'The form below will allow you to customize all the general board options. For User and Forum configurations use the related links on the left hand side.';
and nothing wierd - so I don't know.

Thanks for the reply :)
\x!\\_

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”