Posts not being marked as "read"

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
mick_fish

Post by mick_fish »

ok.

i have tried several thousand other combinations with my cookie settings, searched all over the place, and cant find anything else that would helo me with this problem.

i have run autocookies twice - if my posts are still marked as unread after reading them (and posting something), what else could this be?
Visit the corner!!
www.thecatfishcorner.com

uponC3H8

Post by uponC3H8 »

No help here, just the solace that I'm having the same problem. I think it started with my update to .21?

What version are you using?

uponC3H8

Post by uponC3H8 »

No help here, just the solace that I'm having the same problem. I think it started with my update to .21?

uponC3H8

Post by uponC3H8 »

bobojuice

Post by bobojuice »

same exact thing is happening to me.

acme

Post by acme »

I am also having trouble with this. :(

Brando

Post by Brando »

I'm also having this problem....I haven't changed a thing...just started happening.

acme

Post by acme »

i eventually discovered that for me
it was an issue of deleting all posts that
were "from the future"

somehow a handful of posts that were made in the morning
were stamped 10 in the evening...

after upgrading the forum had no effect
i deleted the "future posts" and everything went back to normal.

:\

Alex Zuyev

Post by Alex Zuyev »

Same problem and even worse: I cannot post messages under admin account! It says that "you try to post a message too quick" - means that I have already posted smth, but I haven't! I cannot even send PM for the same problem.

However I made anothe account and set it as Admin. That new account can make posts (thanx phpBB) but "mark as read" still isn't working.

Also maybe someone could explain my error_log:

Code: Select all

[09-Oct-2006 08:41:29] PHP Warning:  Division by zero in /phpBB/includes/functions.php on line 560
[09-Oct-2006 08:41:29] PHP Warning:  Division by zero in /phpBB/includes/functions.php on line 567
[09-Oct-2006 08:41:29] PHP Warning:  Division by zero in /phpBB/album_search.php on line 249
[09-Oct-2006 08:41:29] PHP Warning:  Division by zero in /phpBB/album_search.php on line 249
[10-Oct-2006 22:23:03] PHP Warning:  Division by zero in /phpBB/includes/functions.php on line 560
[10-Oct-2006 22:23:03] PHP Warning:  Division by zero in /phpBB/includes/functions.php on line 567
[10-Oct-2006 22:23:03] PHP Warning:  Division by zero in /phpBB/album_search.php on line 249
[10-Oct-2006 22:23:03] PHP Warning:  Division by zero in /phpBB/album_search.php on line 249
hope this hack http://forum.xhackers.ru/showthread.php ... e=threaded
wasn't the one that made such troubles.
Last edited by Alex Zuyev on Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best wishes,
Alex

acme

Post by acme »

i found that anyone (even my mods)
who had made posts that were time stamped
in the future (ie..a time that had not happened yet)
couldn't post until i deleted their "posts from the future"

if that makes sense.

Existentialism0

Post by Existentialism0 »

it may be related to the issues that have been coming in about the time changes one some hosts for some reason. I have this issue too and my users can't post either, it's because the time was wrong on my boards, so all the posts from the future cannot be marked as read until the time has past when they will be posted.

Alex Zuyev

Post by Alex Zuyev »

Existentialism0 wrote: it may be related to the issues that have been coming in about the time changes one some hosts for some reason..

Exactly!! I changed a hoster 6 days ago but since that I made many posts and only today the problem "cannot post a message too quick" has come. What to do - nobody knows. Shall I try to do any changes in phpMYadmin?
Best wishes,
Alex

Brando

Post by Brando »

yep...my host screwed up the time somehow, had to change the posts posted in the future to realistic timestamps...all okay now.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”