Backup problems

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Thy73

Backup problems

Post by Thy73 »

Before updating to 2.0.20 i've took a backup of the database. Installed the 2.0.20 and then restored the database.
Now it seems that these mods i once installed is still added the database, but they doesn't excist in the forum due to new installation to 2.0.20

Is there a way to fix this ?
I had easymod installed and after restoring database, it shows again in ACP with the mods installed, only they're not :?
Me A BIG PHPbb n00b :wink:
camm15h
Former Team Member
Name: Paul Cammish

Post by camm15h »

If you installed the new 0.20 and did not update it (ie. clean install) then sadly you will have to remodify what you did before.
Thy73

Post by Thy73 »

I know, but how do i do that ??
There aren't any files i can change and if i try to install eg. username_color_1.1.1em with easymod. It just tells me that it can't find certain lines in a file and then it'll abbort the installation :(
Bobble

Post by Bobble »

You'll need to do it by hand then. Slower, more complicated but a great way to learn how your board works!
Thy73

Post by Thy73 »

@ Bobble
You mean each mod i want to install on the forum i have to do manually ?
If so, i've done it once, so i can probably do it again :wink: It's just anoying that this easymod still have these mods registered and it was so much easier than doing it the hard way :lol:

But it can't be changed in the database txt file ... right ? Unless your really familiar with forum codes ?
Bobble

Post by Bobble »

It's up to MOD authors to ensure that there MODs will work with EasyMOD and newer versions of phpBB. If a line of code that the MOD relies on changes due to an update then it will cause this problem. Most serious MOD authors will go back and update their MODs so it might be an idea to check to see if a newer version is out.

However, I still prefer adding MODs and updating manually ev en if it does take longer. 8O

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”