Where is this -> postrow.BUTTONS_PANEL

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
ferrethouse2004

Where is this -> postrow.BUTTONS_PANEL

Post by ferrethouse2004 »

I want to remove the email button for all users. I don't want the email button anywhere in my forums. What is the best way to go about this?
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

Have you tried disabling emails on the forum?
It will mean you can still see the email address, but normal users cannot (possibly moderators can, I can't recall).
Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

if I remember right, that "BUTTONS_PANEL" is part of the profile control panel MOD.

if so, then you will have to ask the authors of that MOD how to edit the files. that MOD changes or replaces just about every file in the phpbb.

anyway, if you go to your admin panel and check the box for enabling email via the board, that will remove the email addresses from view by anyone but the admin ( you ). instead of opening your email program, the button will take you to a form to fill out to send email.

luck,
robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
ferrethouse2004

Post by ferrethouse2004 »

battye wrote: Have you tried disabling emails on the forum?
It will mean you can still see the email address, but normal users cannot (possibly moderators can, I can't recall).

Yeah. I even went into the database and changed the flag from there and it still shows up. It is the same for all users. Weird.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”