Hacked!

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
culturetrash

Hacked!

Post by culturetrash »

Yikes, my forum has been hacked a few times. It was cool the last few times because I could easily change things back. But now some *&^$#$ has changed the admin's name and password, and I can't get in. Can anyone help me with getting rid of this nuisance? Thanks.

lyz
Hynee

Post by Hynee »

A) this shouldn't be in discussion, so I the thread will probably be moved.

B) if it has happened once and you don't change anything, it will happen again!

C) If you want to restore, you need to edit your DB directly. Backup your database before you do all this, and it is pretty advanced.

The table is _users, your ID wll probably be a low number, and admin accounts have the field user_level set to 1.

You'll need to change username back to your old username, and user_password back to a md5'ed password.

Make sure no other admin accounts have been added.
culturetrash

Post by culturetrash »

Hynee wrote: A) this shouldn't be in discussion, so I the thread will probably be moved.

B) if it has happened once and you don't change anything, it will happen again!

C) If you want to restore, you need to edit your DB directly. Backup your database before you do all this, and it is pretty advanced.

The table is _users, your ID wll probably be a low number, and admin accounts have the field user_level set to 1.

You'll need to change username back to your old username, and user_password back to a md5'ed password.

Make sure no other admin accounts have been added.

Ahh, didn't know it was in the wrong place, sorry.

Under what folder/file would this be? Thanks.
culturetrash

Post by culturetrash »

<bump>
StefanL

Post by StefanL »

Donwload Starfoxtj toolkit in my sig to solve your problems.
When I suggest that you should alter your files, BACKUP them BEFORE.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”