username has already been taken?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
xionx

username has already been taken?

Post by xionx » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:10 pm

I am logged in as admin, or admin privilage account. I had added a link in the admin site to forward me to the page to create a user account. however, whenever I click on that link, it routes me to this message (username has already been taken). now i am sure its because i am logged in as a user, and it thinks I am trying to create the same user again. Is there a way to overcome this????

Thanks

xionx

Post by xionx » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:52 pm

I have seen this in a previous post, anyone ran across this?

espicom

Post by espicom » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:32 pm

Knowledge base article on How to fix "Username already taken" error...
Jeff
Fixing 1016/1030/1034 Errors | (obsolete link) | MySQL 4.1/5.x Client Error | phpBBv2 Logo in ACP
Support requests via PM are ignored!
"To be fully alive is to feel that everything is possible." - Eric Hoffer

xionx

Post by xionx » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:32 pm

espicom wrote: Knowledge base article on How to fix "Username already taken" error...

well that's not the issue, because I can register new accounts fine. I only get that error when I am logged in as a user, and I am also trying to create an account. It seems that it does not allow to create accounts when you are logged in as another user.
I guess you have to be logged as guest to create accounts only.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”