new forum help

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
zcomman

new forum help

Post by zcomman »

First I have tried to search and it is not working at the moment.

I started a new forum on our site due to problems with the site that host out site and want to copy the old members, categories over to the new forum how can I do that if I do not have a backup of my old forum
The Techboy

Post by The Techboy »

You can't. You'llneed to recreate it all or take a backup.
Eat recycled food. It's good for the environment and OK for you.
_underscore_

Re: new forum help

Post by _underscore_ »

zcomman wrote: First I have tried to search and it is not working at the moment.
The search here works fine
zcomman wrote: I started a new forum on our site due to problems with the site that host out site and want to copy the old members, categories over to the new forum how can I do that if I do not have a backup of my old forum
If you have no backup, it's impossible, unless you have a MySQL dump of the data - which is a backup, which you said you don't have.
zcomman

Post by zcomman »

I did find one backup from the first of the year but every time I try to use it I get page can not be displayed.

Also I am still trying to get my old site backup and had to change the database on the server, I changed the config.php file to direct it to the new database but am getting this error

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not query config information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'hof4x4forums.phpbb_config' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM phpbb_config

Line : 213
File : common.php

Any help
zcomman

Post by zcomman »

Any help?

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”