Using PHPBB With Another Member DB, Can it be done??

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
monty

Using PHPBB With Another Member DB, Can it be done??

Post by monty » Mon Sep 16, 2002 3:10 pm

Has anyone integrated phpBB with an existing membership site that already has its own member database in mySQL? Right now just about every pre-written BBS software has it's own internal member database forcing site members to sign up twice: once for the site an once for the forum. I'd like to make phpBB use the existing member database instead of it's own internal database. Has anyone done that successfully, and if so, was it difficult or pretty easy?

Also, if there are any sites that explain how to do this, I'd appreciate getting the link. Thanks!

Pookz

Post by Pookz » Mon Sep 16, 2002 3:27 pm

i think people have done the opposite but i'm pretty sure not what you want. Maybe it can be done but it seems unlikely unless u fill in the blank fields with the same thing maybe?
-[Pookz]

Putting things into perspective.

nexialys

Post by nexialys » Mon Sep 16, 2002 4:08 pm

better thing for you is to ask, in the right forum:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=10

this is the Convertors forum, where is discussed this exact detail, port existant db to phpBB, or the opposite...
-=nexia=-

i'm not god, i'm a nexialist... god is perfect.. i try to make it weak.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”