Blank Admin Panel

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
felguard

Blank Admin Panel

Post by felguard »

I've had this forums for a little more than a year. But it wasn't more than a few months ago that my admin panel started becoming a blank. What I mean is this:

At first I thought it was because my forums was outdated, but it wasn't. I just updated it to the latest version and the problem still existed so I did a search on the phpBB boards for this problem. Almost all of the solutions were pointed to the "Auto Cookies Mod" so I figured I'd install that mod. No luck, I'm back to where I started so does anyone know what the problem could be? I doubt it's my host because, it worked before. I doubt it's my cookies, because on my old computer the admin panel was blank, but I just bought a new computer and the problem still exists. Anyone know what could be wrong? Oh and yes, my admin directory and index.php in there exists.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

there is some php file in your admin folder from a MOD that is causing this. or an edit you did to the admin_board.php file.

rename your admin_board.php file and upload a new copy from the zip file you get from here.

if that does not fix it, put the old copy back. then start renaming all of the php files in the admin directory until you find the one that is causing the problem.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

felguard

Post by felguard »

Thank you! I found out it had to do with the pafiledb mod. It seems the admin_pa_catauth.php was causing the blank admin panel. Does anyone know how to fix this or if I need this file at all for the mod? Thanks again.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

actually, you should uninstall that MOD. I believe it has serious security issues.

go to their website and see if they have a new version of it.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

felguard

Post by felguard »

Are you serious? Oh my, luckily you've told me or I would have never known. I think I've got the latest version currently.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”