Help, site access problem

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
The Snoman

Help, site access problem

Post by The Snoman »

WHen I try to access my site get the following info

"Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home/snomanco/public_html/Forum/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/snomanco/public_html/Forum/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/snomanco/public_html/Forum/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database"

I have not changed anything for some time and it was working fine earlier. Anybody have any idea as to what happened?

Noobarmy

Post by Noobarmy »

Host Problem ;) Contact them

espicom

Post by espicom »

The MySQL server is not configured to handle as many simultaneous users as it's getting. As Noobarmy says, the host will have to fix it, because they control this.

Ideally, when dealing with MySQL-based websites, the web server will be configured to not allow more connections than the MySQL server can handle at a time. Our busiest web servers allow up to 256 simultaneous page views, and the MySQL servers than feed them data handle at least 500 connections. In this way, when you get a connect for a page view, the web server is assured that it will be able to connect to all the resources it needs to fulfill that request, otherwise, it delays accepting the request. Browsers can handle connect delays... most scripts can't.
Jeff
Fixing 1016/1030/1034 Errors | (obsolete link) | MySQL 4.1/5.x Client Error | phpBBv2 Logo in ACP
Support requests via PM are ignored!
"To be fully alive is to feel that everything is possible." - Eric Hoffer

The Snoman

Post by The Snoman »

Noobarmy wrote: Host Problem ;) Contact them

I am trying to now. Is it a problem with their MYSQL server?

The Snoman

Post by The Snoman »

espicom wrote: The MySQL server is not configured to handle as many simultaneous users as it's getting. As Noobarmy says, the host will have to fix it, because they control this.

Ideally, when dealing with MySQL-based websites, the web server will be configured to not allow more connections than the MySQL server can handle at a time. Our busiest web servers allow up to 256 simultaneous page views, and the MySQL servers than feed them data handle at least 500 connections. In this way, when you get a connect for a page view, the web server is assured that it will be able to connect to all the resources it needs to fulfill that request, otherwise, it delays accepting the request. Browsers can handle connect delays... most scripts can't.

Thank you very much for the explaination. I do appreciate you going into detail on it. :)

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”