Posting without Activation

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
KitCat

Posting without Activation

Post by KitCat »

New users need to be activated by the admin before posting. I have specific ranks assigned. However, someone just posted without my activating them and as a guest. How did this happen? How can I prevent it from happening in the future?

I am concerned because some sections of our board are private and if this person can post in this way, what else can she view?

The Snoman

Re: Posting without Activation

Post by The Snoman »

KitCat wrote: New users need to be activated by the admin before posting. I have specific ranks assigned. However, someone just posted without my activating them and as a guest. How did this happen? How can I prevent it from happening in the future?

I am concerned because some sections of our board are private and if this person can post in this way, what else can she view?

In the admin panel under "Forum Management" select "Permissions" and make sure that guest posting privledges are disabled in the topics or areas in question

KitCat

Post by KitCat »

Thank you, I had forgotten to do this in one section of the forum.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”