Admin Tool Kit

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
tywebmaster

Admin Tool Kit

Post by tywebmaster » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:46 pm

Can this be run if you are not having any hacker problems to help check yor install?? and make sure everything is ok??

Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Re: Admin Tool Kit

Post by Marshalrusty » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:09 pm

tywebmaster wrote: Can this be run if you are not having any hacker problems to help check yor install?? and make sure everything is ok??

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you getting an error? If everything is working, then "everything is ok".

What version of phpBB are you running?
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs

GreyDogz

Post by GreyDogz » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:12 am

The toolkit can be used to administer your site. It has many useful features.

Check out Starfoxj's site to see a list of all the features.

tywebmaster

Post by tywebmaster » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:20 am

I am not having any problems, but I have noticed a few hacks posts from guys that have the 2.0.21 and wanted to make sure that my code changes are all ok. I have very few mods but I dont need any problems at this point and was just wondering if a guy can run that to make sure everything is on the up and up??

GreyDogz

Post by GreyDogz » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:22 am

I use it all the time to view users that have not posted or completed the registration and delete them. If someone posts a wed site that is "SPAM" I use it to delete them.

morestuff

Post by morestuff » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:32 am

the answer to your question is yes, you can install it and use it to check your board whenever you like.

also, nobody that I am aware of has actually had their phbb hacked that is current on the version.

some people have said they were, but it turned out to be either incomplete, incorrect updates, or rogue admin accounts, or other server software that was exploited.

luck,

tywebmaster

Post by tywebmaster » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:36 am

Thank You, that helps a ton...I installed the tool and it works great for watching everything!!!! Hats off to you guys!!! :D

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”