MySQL/Server Issues

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
The Snoman

MySQL/Server Issues

Post by The Snoman »

I have had a forum go down about twice from MySQL resourse error. Hoster boosts resources after each event but they say part of the problem is that the forum code is not releasing connections in a timely manor and hogging resources. (I know you can keep increase MySQL resources but if code is not releasing in a timely matter it is not helping) I know BOTs may be part of the problem because I get a google BOT from time to time and another one that may make 30 connections or more at a time. Looking for a long term solution here. I guess I could make more of Forum restricted to registered members for viewing but I would rather not. I do not allow guest posting at all. Open for suggestions and solutions here.

AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat »

Is this a modded forum? AFAIK phpBB closes all connections and even cleans up vars rather primly after itself, vanilla - but mods and addons may not be as well made.

The Snoman

Post by The Snoman »

AlleyKat wrote: Is this a modded forum? AFAIK phpBB closes all connections and even cleans up vars rather primly after itself, vanilla - but mods and addons may not be as well made.

I would say moderately modded. It has extreme style, ezmod, simple subforum and a few other small mods but not a radical PHPBB layout mod. I had this problem before as I stated and they increased the MySQL client support. I am thinking that BOT's are not helping matters either as I have seen one IP tie up 30 or more connections. Site is still down as hoster is working issue. I am looking for a more permenant fix here and host advised of PHP code not releasing clients properly.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”