Error...message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
imfishinohio

Error...message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't

Post by imfishinohio » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:01 am

I Ftp'd the PHPBB2 program into the data base and it installed good on the server. When I go to login (which I haven't done yet0 I get this error
message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php?

Is there something I forgot to do or a permission I didn't change? I even tried to delete it all and start over but the server wouldn't let me delete the PHPBB2 cache folder even though it seemed dempty. I had renamed the PHPBB2 folder to forum if that has anything to do with it.

I ftp'd the PHPBB2 files again and went to install it and it told me it was already installed Here it is http://gcdayton.1500mb.com/forum/login.php

ESQARE
Translator

Post by ESQARE » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:22 am

First go to phpmyadmin.Select all tables and repair it.If you get this error again, then please see this topic.
primedomain wrote: What's the last thing you did? Have you just installed a new template?

1. Make sure that the contrib and install directories have been deleted. (you might have to delete the files inside these directories first)
2. double check:
/templates/subSilver: subSilver.cfg; subSliver.css (or the respective name of your template)
your ftp client might have changed all file and folder names to lower case.
note the capital S il all three cases

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:42 am

Did you remember to delete both the install and the contrib folders when you finished the installation?
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

imfishinohio

Post by imfishinohio » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:12 pm

I deleted the contrib which I had missed. Then it came and said it couldn't find a valid language pack I tried to reload the language folder but it didn't help.
I went ahead and started from scratch read the install FAQ and even followed the flash installation tutorial step by step. After I hit install it had the Message Die error instead of the phpBB2 info page.I went ahead and I deleted the folders which was the next step and it still had the couldn't find a valid language pack error. Anything I can do?

tcr2005

Post by tcr2005 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:17 pm

reupload the language files you are using

imfishinohio

Post by imfishinohio » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:45 pm

I did that the first time which didn't work. I even downloaded the whole phpbb2 file from phpBB2 in case anything had messed up the first time during decompression. I tried it again this time with the same results. It couldn't find a valid language pack.

dharmil

Post by dharmil » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:54 pm

try re-installing :?

imfishinohio

Post by imfishinohio » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:30 pm

I've tried that 3 times and redownloading the program from phpBB

imfishinohio

Post by imfishinohio » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:45 pm

I was trying a free server for a club. I went ahead and set up a forum on my personal domain and it worked fine. So I am doing it right it was just that server. Thanks for the help.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”