Newbie Q : Why do I have to login twice?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
ukchris

Newbie Q : Why do I have to login twice?

Post by ukchris » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:51 pm

I just set up a new PHPBB setup, it's working well (great app!) but I have an odd behaviour when logging in. My user is defines as the board admin, I have all forums set as Registered (Hidden). When I go tot the home page I don't see any forums so I login using the fields at the bottom of the screen.

No error is displayed but it again shows me the index page with no forums displayed, if I then repeat the login I see my categories and forums within them.

I realize I have to logina second time to go to the admin panel but should I have to login twice to see the forums? Seems a little odd.

One other question while I'm at it, I set up new users so they have to be approved, when a user registers I get the email with a link to approve it but it appears I have no way of reviewing the user details, clicking the link immediately approves them. Is there a way I can review the user details then decide if I want to approve or deny the request?

Thanks again for a great tool,

Chris.

Nekaid

Post by Nekaid » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:55 pm

| Question has been fully answered below |
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Last edited by Nekaid on Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cybrid23
Former Team Member

Post by cybrid23 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:56 pm

First problem is usually cookies...Go here:

Knowledge Base - Fixing cookie/domain/script path settings

Second problem:

You can go into the Admin Panel, and pull up the new user under User Admin--->Management. Then you can view their profile and activate them from there.
---Never leave home without a towel and your peril sensitive sunglasses.
---Do Not PM Me For Support. It will go unanswered.
Thanks.

ukchris

Post by ukchris » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:08 pm

Phenominal... almost immediate response and the answer is right on the money, better support than I get from people that charge money!!

Thank you so much, worked like a charm.

Chris.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”