2 site , 1 database!

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
dardevil

2 site , 1 database!

Post by dardevil »

hello.
I have a 2 Web site with 1 database.
board 1 - http://cosmos-f.com
board 2 - http://cosmos-f.com/en/
and the 2 board connected to 1 database.
because of this I have some problem with the "Script path" on the Admin control panel.
I don't know what to write there.
please help me!!!!
-tanks

abusedemailaddress

Post by abusedemailaddress »

If they share the same database, they have to have different table prefixes, and must use different cookies. You can have multiple forums in one database, but they don't share tables, so the script path et al should not be a big problem.
The abuse will continue until morale improves!

dardevil

Post by dardevil »

you don't understand me.
I want they have no difference table prefixes!
waht the difference on the boards is the language of system!
the post and user stays!

abusedemailaddress

Post by abusedemailaddress »

Then you will have problems - the database is where the default language is stored... if they share the same database, they will have the same default language, no matter what path magic you try.

Users can select their own default language after they register, and it is stored in their user record.
The abuse will continue until morale improves!

EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction »

Well, actually, you could probably hack it up so it would have the same database with different board languages.

The only problem I can think of is cookies...I would need to look into that to give you a definate answer...

All you would need to do is have X lang default on both boards, while actually you rename and change the lang files(but making it so phpBB2 thinks its the same) in the second one, so you have language Y but phpBB2 thinks its language X. It's a little hard to explain, but its possible...

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”