I have a pretty simple question

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Totalchic

I have a pretty simple question

Post by Totalchic »

It should be simple for most of you anyway. It's just about smileys. How do I get to choose which ones show up here

<-------

and which ones are in more emoticons? I see there is a delete and edit but noway to change the order of the smileys. I have a ton of smileys and somehow took the guy that laughs off the main smileys.

commanderyoda

Post by commanderyoda »

I'm a bit confused. Your arrow seems to be pointing to where the "Avatar" (pictures) go and not where smilies go. If an Avatar is what your looking for then simply go to your Profile button at the top of any page and navigate down to the bottom where you'll find a button that says "Show Gallery". Here you should find the Avatars that you can select. You can upload new ones if you're the Administrator.

If you want to add or change just smilies, you need to be the Administrator of your board where you simply go to your Administrative Control Panel under General Administration where there is a section to add/delete smilies.

Totalchic

Post by Totalchic »

commanderyoda wrote: I'm a bit confused. Your arrow seems to be pointing to where the "Avatar" (pictures) go and not where smilies go. If an Avatar is what your looking for then simply go to your Profile button at the top of any page and navigate down to the bottom where you'll find a button that says "Show Gallery". Here you should find the Avatars that you can select. You can upload new ones if you're the Administrator.

If you want to add or change just smilies, you need to be the Administrator of your board where you simply go to your Administrative Control Panel under General Administration where there is a section to add/delete smilies.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok when I was posting the arrow was pointing at the smileys. *dong dong* I should have remembered that once I posted it would be pointing at my avatar. Sorry.

No the question is- How do I choose which smileys show up in the original reply smileys box and which ones show up in the view more emot. box? There does not seem to be a way to choose the order in which the smileys are showing up. You have all the yellow guys there, I have mine scattered around and cannot seem to get a nice neat panel like you have.

commanderyoda

Post by commanderyoda »

To let your smilies show up that you placed in the smilies folder, go to 'smilies' in 'General admin'.
If you want to replace an existing smilie, click on 'edit' next to the smilie. The smilies you placed in the smilie folder should show up in the list in the middle row.
If you don't want to change the existing smilies and/or want more smilies, click on 'add a new smilie'. Find the smilie in the list and add the name and code of the smilie. With this you can add as much smilies as you want.

To let more smilies show up:

Go into your main PHPBB2 directory, then go to includes\functions_post.php...

around line 721 or so (depending on any mods, or maybe even which version you have) you should see coding like this...

$inline_columns = 4;
$inline_rows = 5;
$window_columns = 8;

change the number of colums or rows you want displayed... right now, that setting shows 4 smilies wide, 5 smilies high, and 8 colums across in your "view more emoticons" popup window... I changed mine to

$inline_columns = 4;
$inline_rows = 7;
$window_columns = 3;

which shows 4 smilies wide, 7 colums high (code will ignore last x number of rows depending on how many smilies you want to show versus how many you have) and the popup window shows 3 smilies wide...

I also changed line 282 of \templates\subsilver\posting_body.tpl to make the "view more emoticons" popup window a little wider so that there is no sideways scrolling)... hope this helps, cause i been looking for this fix for a while (off and on, lol) plus, its easier to just change those three variables than it is to install a mod IMHO...

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”