Visual Confirmation Problem (FIXED!)

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
duderonomy

Post by duderonomy »

you don't have a table prefix on any of your tables.

it is just better to have a prefix for each script or program tables so you can tell them apart.

So, did I accomplish this via a particular option in the installation process? Forgive me for not recalling as this is my first experience with phpBB. Is there a way to put the prefix back? Or is it not material at this point, in your opinion? I wish I knew how I arrived to this so that I do not repeat.

Cheers,
D

PS: thank you immensely for the perspective and sharing your experience.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

duderonomy wrote:
you don't have a table prefix on any of your tables.

it is just better to have a prefix for each script or program tables so you can tell them apart.

So, did I accomplish this via a particular option in the installation process? Forgive me for not recalling as this is my first experience with phpBB. Is there a way to put the prefix back? Or is it not material at this point, in your opinion? I wish I knew how I arrived to this so that I do not repeat.

Cheers,
D

PS: thank you immensely for the perspective and sharing your experience.

during the standard installation process there is a place in the form that asks for a table prefix. it is normally filled in with the default of phpbb_

you may have removed that , I don't know. I have never seen it not be there before .
I wouldn't worry about it. Like I said, it will work just fine without any prefixes for the tables. Just remember that any MODs you install or anytime you need to access any of the tables, that you will have to remove any reference to phpbb_ before it will work.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”