Mass deleting users?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
bkirkpatrick

Mass deleting users?

Post by bkirkpatrick » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:01 pm

Is there a way to mass delete a bunch of users on my forum? Having to do it one at a time is going to take up a lot of time.

flashweb

Post by flashweb » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:03 pm

bkirkpatrick

Post by bkirkpatrick » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:35 pm

That is perfect. I am going to upload it toall of my forums. Great Tool!

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:02 pm

bkirkpatrick wrote: That is perfect. I am going to upload it toall of my forums. Great Tool!

be sure to change the name of the file and/or password protect it so that nobody else can find it on your server.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

flashweb

Post by flashweb » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:10 pm

Better remove it from your server after you have done with it (if you are not going to use it regularly). My forum once hacked, i made it secure, but hacker get in again through this as he have already found this and know the password to login.

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:58 am

flashweb wrote: Better remove it from your server after you have done with it (if you are not going to use it regularly). My forum once hacked, i made it secure, but hacker get in again through this as he have already found this and know the password to login.

Thats why is critically important to use complex passwords, such as:

+Jq3A+)03C8Vs3+%RAL2

Store it on a text file on your desktop if you have to, but dont use dictionary passwords or the same password as your admin account.
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”