UNintegrate phpBB from Geeklog?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
justbishop

UNintegrate phpBB from Geeklog?

Post by justbishop »

I had a bridged installation of phpbb/geeklog (I'm not sure what version of phpBB...it was whatever came with the Geeklog bridge download pack), and I wanted to do away with the Geeklog part of things. So here's the story thusfar:
  • I dropped all of the Geeklog tables from the database, and exported all of the phpBB ones to a txt file.
  • I made a fresh install of the latest version of phpBB (dl'd from here), and tested out the functions to make sure everything was working correctly.
  • I then imported my old phpBB database tables, so that all of the user/post/forum/etc. info would be on the new, latest, Geeklog-less install of phpBB.
  • Made a second fresh install of phpBB just to compare the databases, and noticed that my imported database only had 29 tables, as opposed to an out-of-the-box install of 30 tables.
  • Figured out that it was the "sessions_keys" table that was missing from my imported database, so I created it, modeling it after the default install database one.
And now, the problems:
  • When hitting submit to login, or the"logout" link to logout, we're getting a "page cannot be displayed" error. But after doing that, if you go back to the index page and refresh, the forum shows your updated status correctly.
  • When logged in under my admin account, I get the same "page cannot be displayed" error when I click on the link to the admin panel.
FORUM LINK: http://www.shoutmb.com

thanks so much!!
Anon
Former Team Member

Post by Anon »

Try giving http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=228741 a run to correct the cookie & script settings
justbishop

Post by justbishop »

Thanks, I'm trying that right now :)
justbishop

Post by justbishop »

YAY! Login/out and admin cp access are working wonderfully now, THANK YOU!!

But I have a new problem (still related to the Geeklog uninstall, I'm guessing). Anything having to do with search functions brings this up:
Could not delete old search id sessions

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'search_time' in 'where clause'

DELETE FROM phpbb_search_results WHERE search_time < 1161006270

Line : 657
File : search.php
Bobble

Post by Bobble »

A 1054 error is usually caused by a older database a newer file set. Upload the install directory from the latest phpBB and point your browser to yoursite/yourforum/install/update_to_latest.php

Once that has run delete the install directory. Job done.
justbishop

Post by justbishop »

Worked like a charm, thanks!!!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”