using .21 but no confirmation e-mails

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
designbyfox

using .21 but no confirmation e-mails

Post by designbyfox »

I have the latest version on my forum. I just tested it to see what a new member would see and receive. I received and e-mail stating my account is not active until an admin activates it. Which is how I set it. It says I will be recieving another e-mail once my account is activated.

Well this 2nd e-mail never goes out. So where can I fix this?

Thank you
Heather

UberSkilled.com

Post by UberSkilled.com »

I know this sounds stupid, but I have to ask...

Did you (as an admin) click the activation link?

/Whitey

designbyfox

Post by designbyfox »

There is no activation link. Anywhere. I as the admin click on user management and just activate them, then I thought that was it.

designbyfox

Post by designbyfox »

Enable account activation ... I have set to admin. Because I get 30-40 spams a day. And I have Visual activated.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

You as admin should also be getting an email with a link in it to turn the account on. It will go to the address you have in your profile.

If it's not arriving check your junk mail folder or try asking your hosts to check your server mail settings.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

designbyfox

Post by designbyfox »

Oh yea, I get that. I never click it because it automatically accepts the user because its usually spam. I guess this is what I am doing wrong.

designbyfox

Post by designbyfox »

OK stupid me. I realize that works not when I click on the link. I guess I will have to delete them after I have activated them.

Thanks

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

You can delete the spam accounts without activating them.

Either look them up in the user admin > management or get the starfox admin toolkit linked in my sig below which allows you to delete multiple accounts in one click. You can also see all the inactive accounts only if you wish.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”