config.php is fully empty...

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
willin

config.php is fully empty...

Post by willin »

I try to install yesterday phpbb 2.0.3 full package in lycos.ES (couse I don't speak english) and after upload by WS_FTP I get this message at the screen:

Warning: Unable to access ./config.php in common.php on line 111

Warning: Failed opening './config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/data/apache/php/mmp_lib') in common.php on line 111

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/members/free/tripod/es/s/e/r/serviciosiqq/htdocs/phpBB/common.php:111) in common.php on line 115

I uploaded again and change the chmod to 777, also, I put the @ at the page_header.php into the includes file... now it look as:

@header ('Cache-Control: private, pre-check=0, post-check=0, max-age=0');
@header ('Expires: ' . gmdate('D, d M Y H:i:s', time()) . ' GMT');
@header ('Last-Modified: ' . gmdate('D, d M Y H:i:s') . ' GMT');

But my problem wasn't fixed and the warnings still there...

So... I started to search the config.php into the includes folder... big surprise... config.php was not there... I started to search at all the folders and didn't find it... so I download again...

After the download I search config.php into de includes folders and was there... but EMPTY... I mean, is a file... seems as a file... look as a file... but it fully empty...

And I try again by another mirror... the same... config.php comes to my pc, just as a file name, but the file is fully empty...

How can I get only the config.php file to upload???, Is that the problem or am I talking just stupid things???

I need help... please!!!!!

I really apreciate your help....

Thanks from Iquique - Chile
sj26

Post by sj26 »

The config fiole is meant to be empty - the installation will write to this file later on to save some settings. You must, however, make sure that config.php is uploaded empty so it can be written to. Also, make sure it's chmod'd to 777.

If the config file does not exist you will not be able to install phpBB2!

Hope this helps.
[ Working on: It's a secret! ]
[ Links: My Mods | My Site | PALGN ]
aparsons

Create config.php

Post by aparsons »

Lycos's WebFTP and many other ftp programs (including WS_FTP) won't upload an empty file like 'config.php'

Create 'config.php' yourself.

Leave it empty.

You can create 'config.php' using WebFTP at lycos. Put it in your forum diretory.

When you install, 'install.php' will write to 'config.php' and put the correct information into it.
ZoliveR
Former Team Member

Post by ZoliveR »

Normally you can upload an empty (0 byte) file.
No more Team Chocolate Member. I decided to leave, it's my choice. Thanks to all for all these years.
I'm always near if you need news of me. But no more support is given (private notification disabled)
aparsons

Post by aparsons »

What ftp program do you use, ZoliveR? Will it also upload empty directories?
ZoliveR
Former Team Member

Post by ZoliveR »

Yes IMO

I use filezilla
No more Team Chocolate Member. I decided to leave, it's my choice. Thanks to all for all these years.
I'm always near if you need news of me. But no more support is given (private notification disabled)
aparsons

Downloading.........

Post by aparsons »

Thanks, now so do I.

And I wish everybody did, the missing 'config.php' confuses a lot of people.
adaaaam
Name: Adam

Post by adaaaam »

Hi,
ZoliveR wrote: Normally you can upload an empty (0 byte) file.

I think aparsons was saying
aparsons wrote: Lycos's WebFTP & WS_FTP. . .won't upload an empty file. . .

which is what the original poster used.

As to your headers already sent error, that is a separate issue that occurs because of Tripod UK. Look in the tutorials/solutions forum for the Lycos thread to fix this separate problem.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”