Deleting User Accounts

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
mweinberger

Deleting User Accounts

Post by mweinberger »

Hello All,

How do I delete a user account? I know that I can ban users and disable their accounts, but I didn't see anything that will allow me to delete the account. How would I go about that?

Thanks in advance,
Marci Weinberger
Butterflyvista
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

admin control panel > user admin > management

Look up the username and at the bottom of the resulting profile page is a tick box to delete the user.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"
mweinberger

Post by mweinberger »

I'll check tomorrow, when I can log in. :-) Thanks!

I'm getting tired of people posting their sex websites on my support forum. I don't know if other people have this problem, but this past month I am getting people from across the globe creating accounts to advertise their sex and other wares. My point of view is that it goes bye-bye.
Marci Weinberger
Butterflyvista
Dave Bean

Post by Dave Bean »

I'm using a mod that does not list members with new posts and now it is time to delete members without posts to clean up the database. What is the best way to bulk delete all members without posts without throwing any counts off?

Thanks.
====
I see that I mis-spoke. I have a mod that does not list members without any posts.
Last edited by Dave Bean on Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Building Internet Communities
www.ColoradoHealth.info
Acorn

Post by Acorn »

Marci

I have been having just the same problem. This mod: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=373695 has made a big difference - it prevents people linking to a website when they register. Although they can come back and add it to their profile later if they activate their account, no-one has bothered yet on my site.

Most people doing this are registering with so many sites that they don't bother activating, or returning to add a link, and I'm sure a lot don't bother going through with their registration when they see that they can't add a link immediately.
Getting braver all the time. :D
mweinberger

Post by mweinberger »

Hi Dave,

Although I don't think that I can help you, I would like to understand your question. You said:
I'm using a mod that does not list members with new posts

That doesn't make sense to me. Does that mean that every time a member makes a new post that you hide their name from the member list? If so, does this modification also hide all their previous posts too? I assume that you review their posts and then "enable" others to view them in the member list and their post.

You continued to say:
now it is time to delete members without posts

I can understand that request and that is a good question, but if a member has "NO" posts, then why would that throw off any counts? What type of count did you have in mind? A member with no posts to me means a member with no original posts (topics) or replies. That means no counts at all. No?

Don't take offense in my question. I am really just trying to understand. I do like the question, though, although it strikes me as a bit rude that if a person in good faith creates and registers a profile, why should their be a time limit that they should create a post?

Thanks in advance,
[/quote]
Marci Weinberger
Butterflyvista
mweinberger

Post by mweinberger »

Wow! Awesome! I am really having trouble with people coming to register their sites (mostly sex related) on my forum. I can't wait to implement this mod tomorrow. :-) Cool! Thanks!!!!!!

Marci

You wrote:
Acorn wrote: I have been having just the same problem. This mod: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=373695 has made a big difference - it prevents people linking to a website when they register. Although they can come back and add it to their profile later if they activate their account, no-one has bothered yet on my site.

Most people doing this are registering with so many sites that they don't bother activating, or returning to add a link, and I'm sure a lot don't bother going through with their registration when they see that they can't add a link immediately.
Marci Weinberger
Butterflyvista
Dave Bean

Post by Dave Bean »

Does not make sense to me either. What I should have said, is that I have a mod that does not list members without any posts.

Could have been a slip. I would also like a mod that does not make posts from new members visible until the post approved by an admin or a member gains "trusted" status.
Building Internet Communities
www.ColoradoHealth.info
mweinberger

Post by mweinberger »

Hi Dave / All,

If you ever find such mods, especially the last one, where only "trusted" members can post directly without prior approval, then count me in and send me a copy! I would like such a mod too. :-)

Thanks for the clarification.

Marci
Dave Bean wrote:
Does not make sense to me either. What I should have said, is that I have a mod that does not list members without any posts.

Could have been a slip. I would also like a mod that does not make posts from new members visible until the post approved by an admin or a member gains "trusted" status.
Marci Weinberger
Butterflyvista

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”