Problems with v2.0.19

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
brunt3

Problems with v2.0.19

Post by brunt3 »

Hey I just recently had a huge ammount of people added to my forums. This bot created like 150 names on Nov 14/2006. I'm curious, Is it possible to delete everyone that signed up on Nov 14/2006?

I have added a visual activation and a email activation so that should stop it from happening again. But if I can't delete everybody that signed up on the 14th, then what's the easiest way to deal with this issue, without getting toooo technical, I'm not very good at installing stuff.

Thanx for the help guys.
Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Post by Marshalrusty »

The quickest way to mass delete users is to use the Admin Toolkit.

You may also find the following article useful: Preventing SPAM - Bots and Humans
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs
TMagnum

Re: Problems with v2.0.19

Post by TMagnum »

brunt3 wrote: Hey I just recently had a huge ammount of people added to my forums. This bot created like 150 names on Nov 14/2006. I'm curious, Is it possible to delete everyone that signed up on Nov 14/2006?

I have added a visual activation and a email activation so that should stop it from happening again. But if I can't delete everybody that signed up on the 14th, then what's the easiest way to deal with this issue, without getting toooo technical, I'm not very good at installing stuff.

Thanx for the help guys.

How did the bot get around the visual confermation? Do you use it?
Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Re: Problems with v2.0.19

Post by Marshalrusty »

TMagnum wrote: How did the bot get around the visual confermation? Do you use it?

The Visual Confirmation is no longer as capable at stopping bots as it was at the time of release. You should also note that not all registrations are made by bots, there are lots of people who register themselves and then use a bot to post.
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”