Signatures

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Nekaid

Signatures

Post by Nekaid » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:57 am

Okay, I was wondering how you get phpBB to update past signatures when someone updates their current ones. Right now, my forum only updates the signatures when someone posts, but does not update past posts.

I need help looking for which terms to search for while searching the database. Any suggestions for a mod or terms to search for?

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:03 am

A phpbb signature will only show on posts made after the the signature was first set, once this has occurred any changes to the signature will apply to all posts with a signature. Are you after finding a way of applying the signature to their posts made before they originally set it?

Nekaid

Post by Nekaid » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:27 pm

That is correct. I would like it to be able to update like IPB does. I know they are on different systems and are coded differently, but I was wondering if there was a way to do this.

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:32 pm

Nekaid wrote: That is correct. I would like it to be able to update like IPB does. I know they are on different systems and are coded differently, but I was wondering if there was a way to do this.

No, there is no way of doing this by default, you would have to manually edit the database, which could be a long drawn out process if you have alot of posts which you need to do this for. Basically you would have to go through all the posts which are missing a signature in the phpbb_posts database table and edit the value for "enable_sig" to 1 :)

Nekaid

Post by Nekaid » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:35 pm

Thats nice to know >< *sigh* Oh well, thanks for trying to help.

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:41 pm

Nekaid wrote: Thats nice to know >< *sigh* Oh well, thanks for trying to help.

Make a full backup of the database before trying this, but in phpmyadmin run this sql query

Code: Select all

UPDATE `phpbb_posts` SET enable_sig =1

you might need to change the phpbb_ to whatever your table prefix is :)

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”