Error creating new session

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
GilaMonster

Post by GilaMonster »

After replacing all of the files that held the appropriate changes when updating from 2.0.14 to 2.0.15, I get the following error when I try to access the site. I downloaded and ran the install/update_to_latest.php file and then deleted the directory as required. I didn't modify the files but downloaded the new files that were to be changed and used the new files. I can't see how this could happen, but I'm not entirely sure what this error means or where to go to correct it.
phpBB : Critical Error

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'session_admin' in 'field list'

INSERT INTO phpbb_sessions (session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in, session_admin) VALUES ('301ad0521b9b8b08146aea8204333e47', 9, 1165955143, 1165955143, '409a1afb', 0, 1, 0)

Line : 172
File : sessions.php
cybrid23
Former Team Member

Post by cybrid23 »

This happens when a new version of the phpBB files is used with an old database. To update the database:
1) Upload the install folder to your forum's root folder (the one with config.php)
2) In your browser, navigate to update_to_latest.php. (http://{your_domain}/{root_path}/install/update_to_latest.php)
3) Delete the install folder
---Never leave home without a towel and your peril sensitive sunglasses.
---Do Not PM Me For Support. It will go unanswered.
Thanks.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”