Fail to restore database after update

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
ABA Boxing

Fail to restore database after update

Post by ABA Boxing »

I installed a fresh copy of version 2.0.22 rather than upgrade from the previous version. The install worked fine.

Now i cant restore the database, following message appears after i do a restore & it tells me my version is out of date again after i restore. Categories and forums are displayed on front page, but are not there when you want to view them and all members are lost.

I only had the anti spam bot mod installed and changed the image before, but im not bothered about that as i will add them again.

Error importing backup file

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1062 Duplicate entry 'dorticós' for key 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_search_wordlist (word_text, word_id, word_common) VALUES('dorticós', '3461', '0')

Line : 980
File : admin_db_utilities.php
ABA Boxing

Post by ABA Boxing »

Ok i want to get the forum backup, where can i find version 2.0.21 since this is not working with 2.0.22

Thanks
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

ABA Boxing wrote: Ok i want to get the forum backup, where can i find version 2.0.21 since this is not working with 2.0.22

Thanks

first, going back to the previous version will not help you at all.

all of your data is in the database , not in the files.
'
now, unless you purposefully deleted your database, it is still there, just like it was.

there is no need to restore your backup.

just edit your new config.php file to point to the old database or the old table prefix.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Jim_UK
Former Team Member

Post by Jim_UK »

And then upload the install directory and run the update_to_latest.php file to update your old database.

Jim
The truth is out there.
Unfortunately they will not let you anywhere near it!
Lumpy Burgertushie

Jim_UK wrote: And then upload the install directory and run the update_to_latest.php file to update your old database.

Jim

thanks Jim, forgot that part.

robert

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
ABA Boxing

Post by ABA Boxing »

So are you saying that if i have deleted the mysql database the forum backup i made is useless & i wont beable to restore my forum on a fresh mysql database? :oops:
cybrid23
Former Team Member

Post by cybrid23 »

ABA Boxing wrote: So are you saying that if i have deleted the mysql database the forum backup i made is useless & i wont beable to restore my forum on a fresh mysql database? :oops:

No, you can restore your database.

All he said was *if* you haven't deleted your database, there's no reason to restore it.

Also, restoring your database does not bring you back to an older version.
---Never leave home without a towel and your peril sensitive sunglasses.
---Do Not PM Me For Support. It will go unanswered.
Thanks.
ABA Boxing

Post by ABA Boxing »

I did delete the mysql database! :oops:

I deleted the Mysql database.
I Created a new one on the host server.
Uploaded the new version of php 2.0.22 to the new mysql database.
Restored the forum backup to my new version php 2.0.22 using the Restore Database in the general admin.

I have got rid of the error & my forum is upto date but with no content.

The forum backup has restored 350 posts, 102 topics, which all show on the home page. But all that content has gone!

Also i am now the only member previous members have vanished.

Have i deleted all the content by deleting the mysql database? Or can i retreive it from the forum backup i made & how?

Thanks.
espicom

Post by espicom »

Start by copying your backup file, and opening the copy in a TEXT editor. At this point, you have two choices:

Change every occurrence of "INSERT INTO" to "REPLACE INTO", which will override MySQL's problem with the duplicates, by having the duplicate replace the original entry.

OR

Remove every entry that does an insert to any table that has "search" or "session" in its name.

Save the copy, and restore from it instead of the original.

If you took option 2, install the MOD to rebuild search tables, which will then rebuild the search tables by reading the database. This also means you can avoid backing the search tables in the future, making your backup smaller.
Jeff
Fixing 1016/1030/1034 Errors | (obsolete link) | MySQL 4.1/5.x Client Error | phpBBv2 Logo in ACP
Support requests via PM are ignored!
"To be fully alive is to feel that everything is possible." - Eric Hoffer
Lumpy Burgertushie

before you do all that. look and make sure that your backup file does not stop in the middle of the search tables.

it looks like your backup file is incomplete and does not have the topics tables or the user tables, etc.

if that is true, and you can't get a backup from the old host, then you are out of luck,

robert

ABA Boxing

Post by ABA Boxing »

Thanks Espicom the forum works now, it took hours to replace all those words, but the main thing it works! :D

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”