Admin Login Problem

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
t0m|ta

Post by t0m|ta »

Mod or tool, it's a question of names. If you start adding things to a software that is not working to begin with, you are going to get into trouble sooner or later. And for me with 7.000 users and a 76mb database that means BIG trouble.

Before modifiying anything the first step is to make sure your start point is working as it should.
t0m|ta
--
RDavis

Still can't Login to Administration Panel!!

Post by RDavis »

Is there anyone that can help us with this problem? No accellerator's, won't work in IE or Firefox. I am here all day, hoping that someone will work with me to resolve why I can't get the admin panel to work. Very frustrating!!

Thank you in advance for your kind consideration!!
Robert Davis
St. Pete, Florida
skybee

Post by skybee »

I have the same problem after updating to the latest version (.22).

I have also run the cookie tool and have had some limited success in that it allows me in to the CP, but as soon as I choose any admin option, it takes me back to log in. Then back into the loop.

Any other bright ideas?
RDavis

Post by RDavis »

Is everyone out for the holidays? I can't seem to get anyone to help on this problem, maybe I posted in the wrong forum? This is driving me crazy!! Does anyone know about this admin panel problem?
Robert Davis
St. Pete, Florida
cmyaseen

Post by cmyaseen »

hi RDavis nd skybee.

today i again installed the mode, deleted cookie nd cache every thing but still it s not working.
How it s working with other people when we also did all the steps ? 8O

i think there s no body who can solve our prblm. :(
RDavis

Admin login problem

Post by RDavis »

Hi guys, well my problem is FIXED!! I don't know exactly what the problem was, and I couldn't figure it out myself. My hosting company (IxWebhosting) finally found it, and here is what they said, I hope it helps someone. Good luck! -Rob

There was problem caused by missed scripting code. I`ve rename your old forum folder to forum1, exctracted your zip file with phpBB2.05 installation to the member folder and renamed dir phpBB2 to forum. Then created new database on hosting account control panel and assigned dba permissions for your mysql user psglink_gulfstar and installed forum into the forum folder. Then just chnaged database name in config.php file to connect to old database where old info is stored.
:lol:
Robert Davis
St. Pete, Florida
skybee

Post by skybee »

I have rolled back to my previous working version - code only - data untouched.

Problem has gone away - so can only assume that it is a code issue in .22. Also looking through the last 5 or so pages there appears to be quite a few who have experienced this problem.

Has the session logging changed and introduced this problem?
funxlab

Post by funxlab »

karlsemple wrote: In future can you please read the forum descriptions before posting to make sure you are posting in the correct forum. Support topics need to go into the phpBB support forum which is where I am going to move this.

As for your problem
Download Auto Cookies MOD

then, unzip it to your computer,

then upload the included install folder, to your phpbb folder on the server.,

then , in your browser, go to:
yourdomain.com/yourphpbbb/install/cookie.php

then click the button to accept the settings it finds.

then delete the install folder.

Then you and all your members MUST do the cookie dance:

step 1. log out
step 2. clear your browser cookie
step 3. clear your browser cache/temporary internet files
step 4. close your browser
step 5. go back and test

done.

All this doesnt work at all. I have installed so many phpBB forums but I am experiencing this problem with 2.0.22. This is a very serious issue and there is a great need that everything should be released only after looking into all aspects.
decorum

Post by decorum »

I also have a couple of forums that, once upgraded to 2.0.22, have this same issue. They sit unused/unuseable until it's fixed. No mod / tool or changing cookie names helped. Cannot log into the admin panel in IE, Firefox, or on any machine (I've tried several).

My hosting provider tells me there's nothing they can do until/unless this is fixed. I have root and permissions to hack/edit, etc. but since this is obviously an issue with 2.0.22, it needs to be fixed there, not by me. From what I see on this forum, many are experiencing this issue.

Has any bug report been filed about this? Is this what we need to do?
funxlab

Post by funxlab »

Trust me in 2.0.22 , Auto Cookie tool, clearing cookies, cache restarting Explorer , changing cookies settings nothing will work... I m quite sure developers will soon realize that and will give a patch for it ..... (not too soon I guess :P )
divineunity1

Post by divineunity1 »

I have read this page and I too am having the same problem. I was loggin to the system yesterday so I am not sure what has caused this change. What should we do until this problem is fixed?

Kristin
www.divineunity1.com
Proverbs 31:26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
Proverbs 31:30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth YAHWEH, she shall be praised
stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Post by stickerboy »

I run 3 boards - all upgraded to 2.0.22 and none have any login problems.
I also just upgraded a friends board from 2.0.18 to 2.0.22 and it runs perfectly fine. All 4 boards are heavily modded.

If you are sure you have run the cookie MOD properly and closed/restarted your browser, then I can only think a mistake was made when you upgrade. Make sure all your file edits are correct and there isn't any stray code.
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red
izen

Google Web Accelerator

Post by izen »

I was having endless problems with logging in (I got caught in an endless loop and could never access my Admin page) I turned off Google Web Accelerator and everything works fine.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”