New Users Cannot Login

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
mellymell

New Users Cannot Login

Post by mellymell »

Hello. I've set up my phpbb but new users can't log in. I've tested it by creating a new user but I can't login either. I don't have it set up to use the confirmation e-mail system, but even when I did, it didn't change the fact that people couldn't login. They can only get in when I go into the administration panel and go to user management and then reset their password myself.

Don't know if it's pertinent, but I'm using 2.0.2.

Thank you for your help! :(
JallaBalla [EO]

Post by JallaBalla [EO] »

Same problem here, and my user activation mode is set to NONE in the admin configuration tool. Now i also have tested to acctually set it to USER Activation and i recieve the same e-mail....(the one saying my account isn't activated)
So what i am saying is that the system always sends me an e-mail saying that my account has to be activated - no matter how i set the user setings in administration config.

I also use 2.02 www.enemyoffline.com/phpBB2

Hope someone can help me :)
Acecool

Post by Acecool »

try downloading the PATCH from download section
upload all 4 files to your main forum directory
then open the php file in your browser
will patc to 2.03
if that doesnt fix it them hmm im stumped
Visit Acecoolco.com :: Image

If you plan on contacting me, please read this: Legal Terms & Conditions
JallaBalla [EO]

Now i have upgraded to 2.0.3
i still recieve the e-mail saying that my useraccount has to be activated even though my config says NONE. The newly registred user is still INACTIVE and i must logon as the forum admin to manually set the user active 8O
Haywood Jahelpme

Post by Haywood Jahelpme »

JallaBalla [EO] wrote: Now i have upgraded to 2.0.3
i still recieve the e-mail saying that my useraccount has to be activated even though my config says NONE. The newly registred user is still INACTIVE and i must logon as the forum admin to manually set the user active 8O

Are their cookies enabled?

bodhi
JallaBalla [EO]

Yepp, cookies enabled. :?
w3neo

Post by w3neo »

Sorry I cannot provide an answer to your problem But I too have a similar situation.

I dont know why but out of about 50 users who have registered since setting up a couple days ago 3 or 4 have not been able to log in. I deleted their account so they could set it up again and all went well the second time around. I would guess in my case it has been user error and they did something slightly different the second time around.
mellymell

Post by mellymell »

I tried to upgrade using the patch method but I got an error in one of the humps. It would be HORRIBLE if I had to use the file copy method because I have too many mods installed for that method.

But, the problem seems to be that the password isn't saving properly upon account setup. When I changed my preference to NONE as far as account activation, users WERE automatically becoming active. My problem was that their PASSWORDS were still not working. And, even when I tested it to make sure that they weren't having CaSE issues, I used all lower case with the dummy account and it still didn't work.

What to do? :?
JallaBalla [EO]

this is f... strange.... no one seems to know the answer why my members still must be actiivated..... I posted this problem before, but no one know howto fix it...

i give up...
JallaBalla [EO]
Enemy Offline
Veni, vidi, vici.
[I came, I saw, I conquered]
Julius Caesar, from Suetonius, Lives of the Caesars
JallaBalla [EO]

8) .... acctually, i have'nt given up jet :-) anyone :lol: :?:
JallaBalla [EO]
Enemy Offline
Veni, vidi, vici.
phpika

Post by phpika »

I'm sorry, I don't know. Maybe its a problem with your host? Who is your host?
JallaBalla [EO]

I'm my own host - www.enemyoffline.com (Mandrake 8.1 MySql)
JallaBalla [EO]
Enemy Offline
Veni, vidi, vici.
mellymell

Post by mellymell »

and my host is Hostforweb.com
mellymell

Post by mellymell »

I think I've found the problem but I need HELP resolving it.

It seems that in the usercp_register file, the 2 password variables are: password_new and password_confirm

But, in the mod files, the variable is: password and password_confirm

I checked the admin user management area and in that area, the password variable is: password

So, since my password files in the usercp_register are set to variable: password_new, this may explain why I have to manually set my users passwords, because the registration page is setting the wrong password variable. I hope this makes sense, but how can I fix it? I thought to just try to change all the password_new variables to password in the usercp_register, but it didn't seem to work-I got password not matching errors.
:?
Please advise.
JallaBalla [EO]

I don't think this is the same as my problem because my users have no trobles with their passwords....they have problems with their user accounts not being activated and therefore I must activate it for them. Once activated its no problem.
JallaBalla [EO]
Enemy Offline
Veni, vidi, vici.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”