Database gone haywire!!! -- HELP!!

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
fidforum.vze.com

Database gone haywire!!! -- HELP!!

Post by fidforum.vze.com »

Theres some real problem with my database! I cant login! when i login successfully...again the login page comes up telling me to login! i tried installing a fresh copy of phpbb just to test...but lol..it happened in it too!!!

I tried auto cookies mod , i cleared my cache, i replaced the login.php with a new one... i did everything possible but to no avail!
I zeroed onto my host....i think theres some problem with its database system....
But my current forum has around 6000 posts and 130 members!!! i don't want to lose them!!!
i dont care about my mods now because i can always install them again but not the posts and members!

So now my question:
How can i backup only posts, topics and members and then when i get a new host i can install a fresh copy of phpbb and restore it there easily and go on with it as though nothing ever happened??

Please help me!!

Regards,
Webmaster/Admin (www.fidforum.ig3.net)
My Site . < Front Page Under Development!

ezlynx

Post by ezlynx »

It doesn't sound like a database problem.

Go use someone else's computer and log in there. You might also try a different browser (I have a bunch on my computer and select my fave and most reliable to use). If you can log in and stay logged in on someone else's computer, it looks like it is still a cookie problem.

Good luck.

Jim_UK
Former Team Member

Post by Jim_UK »

It would seem that others have no problems
Empty Hands of a Rich ManEmpty Hands of a Rich Man

That was posted today.

Do you have any sort of web accelerator such as Google web accelerator? If so disable it.

Jim
The truth is out there.
Unfortunately they will not let you anywhere near it!

fidforum.vze.com

well, if its not a database problem then what is it??

I cant even access the admin panel now! when ever i click the admin panel link it takes me to the index page! and after trying for ten times more it takes me to the admin panel (in the middle i had to login again and again) although i had my password saved! when im in the admin panel another thing happens....
in the area where the forum statistics should have been there the index page shows up there!! and sometimes the index page shows up in the left side pane too!
this problem occurs with whatever browser i use....

i tried a fresh install of phpbb 2.0.22 and pointed the database to it...and lol the problem happens there too!!

fidforum.vze.com

u still havent answered my question....

Which option shud i choose in my admin panel to backup only posts topics and members and not mods?

And if i can do this through phpmyadmin then how?

espicom

Post by espicom »

You must remember that support here is done by volunteers. While we are spread out all around the world, we do have other jobs, so not everyone is going to be available all the time.

There is a Knowledge Base article on backing up and restoring databases which covers how to selectively back up tables using phpmyadmin.

When you pointed the new 2.0.22 installation at the old database, did you run install/update_to_latest.php to correct the database to match? That will take care of the errors. But you will also need to read the Knowledge Base article on fixing server/cookie variable problems, if your new install is located in a different web address than the old one.
Jeff
Fixing 1016/1030/1034 Errors | (obsolete link) | MySQL 4.1/5.x Client Error | phpBBv2 Logo in ACP
Support requests via PM are ignored!
"To be fully alive is to feel that everything is possible." - Eric Hoffer

fidforum.vze.com

thank you!! i'll go through them and let u know my status...

and no its the same server and yes i ran the update.php

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”