Error message, unsure how to fix. updated!

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
JulieJesta

Error message, unsure how to fix. updated!

Post by JulieJesta »

Anyone know how i can fix this? please make the instructions as simple as you can! i've no idea why we get this message on my forum. thanks in advance.
julie xxx
Could not obtain common word list

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1104 The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay

SELECT word_id FROM phpbb_search_wordmatch GROUP BY word_id HAVING COUNT(word_id) > 4680

Line : 309
File : functions_search.php
Last edited by JulieJesta on Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Julie, Mum to 1 boy, 1 boyfriend, and many fluffy pets. :)
http://www.parentstime.co.uk
espicom

Post by espicom »

Your host has set too small a configuration for the max_join_size parameter. This normally defaults to 2GB, but I doubt you have that big a limit on your server. If you have phpmyadmin, you can actually query what the setting is, by looking at the server variables (main page as you enter phpmyadmin). It will be in the list.
Jeff
Fixing 1016/1030/1034 Errors | (obsolete link) | MySQL 4.1/5.x Client Error | phpBBv2 Logo in ACP
Support requests via PM are ignored!
"To be fully alive is to feel that everything is possible." - Eric Hoffer
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

bottom line, contact your host.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
JulieJesta

i asked my host.... heres the convo. i still dont understand

Post by JulieJesta »

hello,
i've been getting an error message on my forums for ages now, apparently it may be a hosting issue, so i'll copy it here. the message board/forum i'm using is phpbb if that helps.

Could not obtain common word list

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1104 The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay

SELECT word_id FROM phpbb_search_wordmatch GROUP BY word_id HAVING COUNT(word_id) > 4680

Line : 309
File : functions_search.php

-----------------------------------
On 2007-01-22 10:45:32, Robert Berry changed the ticket status to CLOSE-PENDING and wrote:

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the ticket. MySQL will refuse to execute select statements that process a very large number of rows. You should either adjust your select statement to make it more efficient, or set SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 in the session before executing the large select statement. Use something like this to do that ..

$db->sql_query("SET OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1");

Best Wishes
Robert
Heart Internet Support

------------------------

On 2007-01-22 10:56:51, you changed the ticket status to OPEN and wrote:

Hello Robert,
I really dont understand SQL though. how excatly do i do this? or can you please do this so i cant make it worse? Sorry to be a pain, but i truelly know very little about SQL.

-----------------------------------------------
On 2007-01-22 11:00:03, Robert Berry changed the ticket status to CLOSE-PENDING and wrote:

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the reply If you refer this to the authors of the forum script themselves, they'll be able to help you through that.

Best Wishes
Robert
Heart Internet Support
JulieJesta

Post by JulieJesta »

i've still got no help with this? who/where can i ask?
thanks
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

You received the answer. Now report back to Robert (p.s., his name is not really Robert) at Heart Support that you followed his advice and contacted the phpbb support and were told that the default config for the max_join_size parameter was too small and ask what the host is going to do about it.
espicom

Post by espicom »

If you have phpmyadmin on your hosting account, click on the first-page link that says, "Show MySQL system variables". Find the line that says "max join size". The default system setup value for this is 4,294,967,295. I suspect your server is set to under 16,000,000, which would account for this problem showing up on anything except a very large board.
Jeff
Fixing 1016/1030/1034 Errors | (obsolete link) | MySQL 4.1/5.x Client Error | phpBBv2 Logo in ACP
Support requests via PM are ignored!
"To be fully alive is to feel that everything is possible." - Eric Hoffer

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”