Info Screen blank after posting

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
heatherm

Info Screen blank after posting

Post by heatherm »

Your phpBB board URL: http://www.charlottemommies.com/forum
Template(s) used: subSilver
Any and all MODs: Remote Avatar Resize; Signatures Control; Admin Mass Delete Users; Auto Group; Cal Pro; Dates for Humans; Extended PM; Forum Rules; Gallery 2; Group Moderatorz; Groups on Profile; Last Visit Memberlist; Last Visit Profile; No More GMT; Overall Forum Permissions; phpSpell; Prune Users; Quick Reply; Restrict Guest Access; Sort Memberlist per Letter; Yellow Card; IP Search; Admin Notes

Do you use a port of phpBB: no
Version of phpBB: 2.0.22
Version of PHP: 5.1.4
Which database server and version: MySQL 4.1.18-standard
Host: globalcon.net
Did someone install this for you/who: no
Is this an upgrade/from what to what: yes - from 2.0.21
Is this a conversion/from what to what: no
Have you searched for your problem: yes
If so, what terms did you try: information screen unable post
State the nature of your problem:

I did a search for this problem and found many people who had issues with a blank (white) screen coming up when they submitted a post. However, my problem is slightly different and I want to make sure it is the same problem before following any instructions to fix it!

We recently upgraded from 2.0.21 - 2.0.22. Shortly after that, several members have stated that when they try to post they hit the submit button and just go to the "Information Screen" but it is blank instead of having the "Your message has been entered successfully.Click Here to view your message. Click Here to return to the forum."

Some members are remarking that this is only happening in one or two forums, but some are unable to post at all.

What can I do to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.
Heather

heatherm

Post by heatherm »

Can anyone help with this problem? More and more of my members are complaining about it :? They have cleared cookies and cache and it is still occurring.

heatherm

Post by heatherm »

Our members are still experiencing this problem. The vast majority of them are using AOL. Could that have something to do with it?

I tried using the "fix.php" that someone posted that basically clears the sessions table... that didn't seem to fix this problem OR the one it was intended to fix (the invalid session error when private messaging).

Could this be because people are not closing their browser and turning off their computers and maybe something with the upgrade caused the sessions to get confused?

I am just stumped as to how to fix this... and have multiple people pming, posting AND emailing me, saying they are having problems posting or are completely unable to post... and this has been since we did the upgrade to 2.0.22.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

AOL users switch IPs between pages... Can your AOL users use IExplore, rather than AOLs browser?

heatherm

Post by heatherm »

Some of them can (and will), but alot of our users are not the most computer saavy people :roll:

I do have one of my site admins who is using Firefox, but an AOL connection... and still having the problems :?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

can you setup a test account please so we can test

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

heatherm

Post by heatherm »

You can use test/test to get in...

I cannot replicate the error myself... so I am having a very difficult time troubleshooting it :?

Thanks for the help!

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

check with your users and see if it is only when they use the quick reply.

I could not reproduce the error either.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

heatherm

Post by heatherm »

Ok, I asked around and it seems that 90% of the people complaining of this problem are using AOL.

The site admin (who I think is using Firefox) says that is totally random -- sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. If she posts and gets the error, she just hits the back button and tries again over and over until it goes through.

Neilz

Post by Neilz »

I think I have a similar problem.
Do your members posts posts come up although they get the blank screen. I use firefox, at times I get a window popup asking me what I'd like to do with the php file, that is after submiiting the post. On returning to the page the post is there.

heatherm

Post by heatherm »

Update --

Almost all of the users that are having the problem are using the AOL browser.

Is there anything I can do short of making them switch to something else? Are their any known issues between AOL browser and the newest phpBB update?

heatherm

Post by heatherm »

We found that this does seem to be a proxy issue... AOL users are having a very difficult time posting, as are any users with the Google Web Accelerator.

Another member is using the Netscape Web Accelerator and even after adding our site to the list of sites NOT to accelerate, she is still having issues posting.

Is anyone else having any posting issues similar to this? I have LOTS of members who are unable to post since we upgraded and this is causing a lot of problems on my sites. Unfortunately (or rather, fortunately, I suppose), I use Firefox and I cannot replicate the error at all... so I am having a really difficult time figuring out how to fix it!

Any help is most appreciated!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”