Can someone help me with my phpbb? I'll pay someone.

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
ohlookitspaul

Can someone help me with my phpbb? I'll pay someone.

Post by ohlookitspaul »

I run phpbb on my website, but I'll be the first to admit that I am not that great with computers and coding. The website was started by someone else and passed onto me and almost all of the coding and stuff is done by a friend of mine. When it comes to phpbb, I pretty much just know how to install mods because with the simple directions they come with, I can do them fairly easily and without much hassle.

I run 2.0.20 on my site - I tried updating it to 2.0.21 a while back but it messed up for some reason so I just decided to stick with 2.0.20 for now.

Apparently now there is some vulnerability with my website where my website is sending out tons of spam (I assume hackers are uploading stuff to my website or getting into it somehow to use my domain/website as a way to send out spam). I've been told that the vulnerable script or what not is probably coming from my message board. I've been using phpbb long enough (2 years) that I don't want to switch to something else because I have a lot of websites who link to my threads and I don't want those links to die when they go to my website.

Is there anyone who would be interested in helping me with my phpbb coding and upgrading it to 2.0.22 and also maybe checking out to see if there is anything wrong with my script? I would pay you, name your price.

If you're interested, please email me at paultao(at)gmail(dot)com. I swear, I'm not trying to spam or anything, I'm just sort of desperate to fix my website, ha.

Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Post by Marshalrusty »

Rule 1J wrote: Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. This includes offering hosting services (charged and free), installation services, solicitation etc. Recruiting of any sort (moderators, designers, professional MOD work etc.), be it for paid or unpaid jobs, is not permitted either. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed. See specific item on spam and 3rd party linking for more information.
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”