posting.php timeout :(

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Hunter-Digital

posting.php timeout :(

Post by Hunter-Digital » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:15 pm

It's like this > if I (or anyone else in the forum) posts a reply (not a new topic or an editted one) when I press 'submit' it shows that is loading... but the message is posted... if i press again it posts again ignoring the flood time 8O .... I dunno if this was a problem from the begining (before I'ved modified the whole template) but I dunno.... I didn't tried with the default template (subSilver) and it does not work aways but pretty fregvent :roll:
I'ved tried to replace in many ways the posting.php and the other .php files (because I didn't mess with those) but nothin' :cry:
I'ved tried a javascript ..... <..... onClick="javascript:this.disambled='true';" blabla...> and it "shuts" the button down before its doin' hi's job :cry:

Any suggestions ? :) :idea:

espicom

Post by espicom » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:12 pm

Most likely suspect is someone watching the topic being replied to, and the timeout is coming from trying to send the notification(s).
Jeff
Fixing 1016/1030/1034 Errors | (obsolete link) | MySQL 4.1/5.x Client Error | phpBBv2 Logo in ACP
Support requests via PM are ignored!
"To be fully alive is to feel that everything is possible." - Eric Hoffer

Hunter-Digital

Post by Hunter-Digital » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:23 pm

yes, the "Message posted, press here to continue blabla" is timed out... so it could be from the template ? b-cause it shows when I post a new topic .... this has effect only on post reply :cry:

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:24 pm

espicom wrote: Most likely suspect is someone watching the topic being replied to, and the timeout is coming from trying to send the notification(s).

Hunter-Digital

Post by Hunter-Digital » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:36 pm

offfff > It does that when I'm alone or with users in the forum, it makes no difrence :cry:

What I'm asking > a java script or something to force the button to be disambled AFTER the user pressed it (like I said in the first post) and/or force in some way the notification message after the post has been placed :?

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:56 pm

Dont you know what "watch" means?

When you are posting, there is a check-box at the bottom that says "Notify me when a reply is posted". That EMails the other user when you reply. If there is a problem with your Email server, or the other user's Email address, it will slow down the reply.

Hunter-Digital

Post by Hunter-Digital » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:07 am

oh .... :mrgreen: thank you for explaining to me :D it's my own E-Mail adress from yahoo :roll: ... so, google is faster or do you suggest another provider :? ? :D

geocator

Post by geocator » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:04 am

Hunter-Digital wrote: oh .... :mrgreen: thank you for explaining to me :D it's my own E-Mail adress from yahoo :roll: ... so, google is faster or do you suggest another provider :? ? :D

It could be any of your members emails.

Hunter-Digital

Post by Hunter-Digital » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:00 am

oh bdw..... users can't register :(( ..... or actualy they're to dumb to figure out that the page got "stuck" and they're registered :roll: .... I think is the forum's mail...... I dunno.... I tried with the host's mail.... the host's STMP server with user and pass.... and it shows an error :cry:

Code: Select all

Could not connect to smtp host : : 

DEBUG MODE 

Line : 112 
File : smtp.php
it's obviously wrong data.... but I dunno... for yahoo.... what should I write there ? :cry: or for GMail if that doesn't work.... in the meentime I'll verify the users's mails :D

geocator

Post by geocator » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:31 am

You can not use gmail, you can only use yahoo if you have premium email service. You should contact you host and ask them the proper email settings. And yes this is the reason for the posting issue.

Hunter-Digital

Post by Hunter-Digital » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:44 am

ok :) 10x, I'll try that out :D

honeysmom

Post by honeysmom » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:33 pm

Oh I just found this thread and this is exactly my problem.

The posting is getting hung up because of email notifications.

What is the fix for this. I couldn't follow what I needed to do?

Thanks

Revised:

I have not changed my email settings from the default. Other email options are working. When someone registers I get an email notifying me as admin to approve them. Welcome emails go out.

It is only this posting.php and mass email that is getting hung up for me.

espicom

Post by espicom » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:05 pm

honeysmom wrote: It is only this posting.php and mass email that is getting hung up for me.

Both of these are instances where more than one email might be sent out, i.e., multiple recipient addresses. If you are not using SMTP, see the Knowledge Base article on common emailer.php problems.

You should probably talk to your host to see if they have recommendations.
Jeff
Fixing 1016/1030/1034 Errors | (obsolete link) | MySQL 4.1/5.x Client Error | phpBBv2 Logo in ACP

honeysmom

Post by honeysmom » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:18 pm

I was thinking of trying the SMPT thing but even after reading that email I don't understand WHO I'm suppose to contact to get the account information?

Sorry I've come a long way but still a little clueless on things.

And in the mean time I have sent an email to my host asking if they may know any issues with why an email may not go out.

espicom

Post by espicom » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:25 pm

Who hosts your board? They'd be the first to contact regarding using email, since they control access to any other hosts that might provide it.
Jeff

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”