opps i broke my forum

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
SJ MAC

opps i broke my forum

Post by SJ MAC »

I installed a mod and now i cant access my forum (www.arsenalarsenalarsenal.com/forum) i just get page not found message and it reads install/install.php in the address. I tired uploading my unmoded backed upfiles but still the same result, is there anyway i can fix this?

The mod i installed was the login box at overall header mod and the files i edited where language/lang_english/lang_main.php and
templates/subSilver/overall_header.tpl

any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

Have you got many mods installed? I would suggest uploading new copies of both of the files you edited, so that way your forum will at least return to its normal state.

Then from there re-add all the edits to those two files of the mods you have installed.

It may be a bit tedious if you have a lot of mods but at least you will get your forum back on track again. Save backup copies of any files you replace with fresh ones.

Good luck.

RT.

Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Post by Marshalrusty »

The MOD instructions clearly instruct you to make backups of any files you edit. If you did not do this, then I am sorry to say you did not follow the directions. Go through the installation process backwards and change everything back.
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”