IP BAN question

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
ShyneeThings

IP BAN question

Post by ShyneeThings »

Just wondering. I had an anonymous poster (former fourm member who's member access was revoked) make an alternative registration name. A malicious post was made on the public access area and then delted before i could pull the IP address up.

Now, am i missing osmeting or is there a way to pull that post back up? or to find out the IP address of that user log in name? Thanks.

DreAdeDcoRpSE

Re: IP BAN question

Post by DreAdeDcoRpSE »

ShyneeThings wrote: Just wondering. I had an anonymous poster (former fourm member who's member access was revoked) make an alternative registration name. A malicious post was made on the public access area and then delted before i could pull the IP address up.

Now, am i missing osmeting or is there a way to pull that post back up? or to find out the IP address of that user log in name? Thanks.

Deleation of a post is perminate. You also would need the Log IP Address on Registration Mod but that only starts recording IP's on new registeration's.

So if you know the name he was under and that email, ban that email and add this mod and if he reregister's then you will have his IP.

ShyneeThings

Post by ShyneeThings »

ty much

DreAdeDcoRpSE

Post by DreAdeDcoRpSE »

n/p. I had the same problem.

Let you knwo that MOD is worth putting in, it really helps. I am running phpBB 2.0.22 that is heavely modded and that and the tempban mod is great.

ShyneeThings

Post by ShyneeThings »

anyway to incorporate it with the freebie boards? the .informe ones?

DreAdeDcoRpSE

Post by DreAdeDcoRpSE »

ShyneeThings wrote: anyway to incorporate it with the freebie boards? the .informe ones?

I dotn knwo, can you edit any files or have access to easymod?

geocator

Post by geocator »

ShyneeThings wrote: anyway to incorporate it with the freebie boards? the .informe ones?

No, you have no access to the files so you cannot install any MODs, styles, etc.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”