enabling access to a forum by post count in another forum

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
kenj

enabling access to a forum by post count in another forum

Post by kenj » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:18 pm

Hi!
Mine is a bit of a complex request.

Some people are abusing my forum and I want to stop it. I've seen this thing being applied in a forum that is not phpbb, maybe you guys know how it works here.

I want the user to have at least 50 posts in the A forum if he/she wants to reply in the B forum - meaning you have to have at least 50 posts in the A forum to post in the B forum.

Is that possible?

And I also want to create a group of people that wont be affected from this, those who can post wherever they like regardless of their post count.

Thanks in advance!

Interlog

Re: enabling access to a forum by post count in another forum

Post by Interlog » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:21 pm

Possible:

(1) install this mod

(2) Then create two usergroups:

Usergroup A that has automatic access to the B forum.

Usergroup B that has access to the B forum by means of the installed modification.

Mark :D

kenj

Post by kenj » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:02 pm

Thanks a lot for answering but the link to the mod does not work, it has been deleted i think.

Is that gonna work like; only posters with more than 50 posts in the A forum being able to post in the B forum?

rvmomma

Post by rvmomma » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:48 pm

if you read the announcement at the top of that page, you will see how to download the MODs while they are working on the new site.

kenj

Post by kenj » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:39 pm

thanks i downloaded it but I have a question. I installed the mod manually but I did not understand what the file "auto_group_db_update.php" is for. Do I need to do anything with it?

rvmomma

Post by rvmomma » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:13 pm

kenj wrote: thanks i downloaded it but I have a question. I installed the mod manually but I did not understand what the file "auto_group_db_update.php" is for. Do I need to do anything with it?

as per the instructions that come with the MOD , you upload that file to your phpbb folder and then access it in your browser,

this file updates the database with new tables/coumns, etc. for the MOD.

kenj

Post by kenj » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:25 pm

rvmomma wrote:
kenj wrote: thanks i downloaded it but I have a question. I installed the mod manually but I did not understand what the file "auto_group_db_update.php" is for. Do I need to do anything with it?

as per the instructions that come with the MOD , you upload that file to your phpbb folder and then access it in your browser,

this file updates the database with new tables/coumns, etc. for the MOD.

thanks but i wasn't able to make this work. There're still no options of group count etc. in the group administration in the panel. What could be the problem? And when I click on "groups" and "register" links on the forum, a blank page appears.

And when i access that file in my browser, it says the tables are already added.

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:52 pm

You made a mistake somewhere in installing the MOD. Go back and check everything.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”