MySQL error

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
TheHackMan

MySQL error

Post by TheHackMan »

Recently I had moved from my Windows server to a Linux server on my host and had to transfer everything over to the new Linux server. Well I got all the files up and everything and added all the database tables, edited the config.php file to the new username settings(pasword, username, etc.) but I still get this error when trying to access my forum:
Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/lordres/public_html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/lordres/public_html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Edit: Well I don't know what I did exactly or why it worked but I made a second username for the database with a different password and after putting those two into the config file, saving it, and uploading it everything worked.

rvmomma

Re: MySQL error

Post by rvmomma »

that simply means that you had the info wrong the first time.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”