ACP is not getting the language

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
KasLimon

ACP is not getting the language

Post by KasLimon » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:34 pm

Hello, I have a problem with my phpBB 2.0.22:

When I enter to the Administration Control Panel I can see that left panel is not getting the language. You can see it in the image: http://www.iesmg.es/images/otras/panelizquierdo.jpg.

You can see for example the title of the panel "Administración", it's well, in spanish, the three following options are in spanish too but in the rest of the panel (I have installed Slide DHTML Menu) it's written just the text that declares the modules in the files, i.e. in admin_cracker_tracker.php is declared like this:
$filename = basename(__FILE__);
$module['ctracker_module_category']['ctracker_module_1'] = $filename . '?modu=1';
$module['ctracker_module_category']['ctracker_module_2'] = $filename . '?modu=2';
$module['ctracker_module_category']['ctracker_module_3'] = $filename . '?modu=3';
$module['ctracker_module_category']['ctracker_module_4'] = $filename . '?modu=4';
$module['ctracker_module_category']['ctracker_module_5'] = $filename . '?modu=5';
$module['ctracker_module_category']['ctracker_module_6'] = $filename . '?modu=6';
$module['ctracker_module_category']['ctracker_module_7'] = $filename . '?modu=7';
$module['ctracker_module_category']['ctracker_module_8'] = $filename . '?modu=8';
$module['ctracker_module_category']['ctracker_module_9'] = $filename . '?modu=9';
$module['ctracker_module_category']['ctracker_module_10'] = $filename . '?modu=10';
$module['ctracker_module_category']['ctracker_module_11'] = $filename . '?modu=11';

All of them are shown as they're declared. I don't know what's happening :( In the language files that vars are declared well:

Code: Select all

$lang['ctracker_module_category'] 		    = 'CrackerTracker';
$lang['ctracker_module_1']                = 'Explorar Comprobación';
$lang['ctracker_module_2']                = 'Créditos';
$lang['ctracker_module_3']                = 'Explorar Archivos';
$lang['ctracker_module_4']                = 'Noticias Globales';
$lang['ctracker_module_5']                = 'Bloquear IP y Agente';
$lang['ctracker_module_6']                = 'Administrar Log';
$lang['ctracker_module_7']                = 'Mantenimiento y Pruebas';
$lang['ctracker_module_8']                = 'Usuario Miserable';
$lang['ctracker_module_9']                = 'Ajustes';
$lang['ctracker_module_10']               = 'Recuperación';
$lang['ctracker_module_11']               = 'Pié de Página';
I'm showing the Cracker Tracker part, but in the rest of the ACP is happening exacly the same... I'm really scared. My forum has severall mods and i don't want to start again... When this error happened i was not doing anything in the forum... Anyone knows what can be the problem?

I think some data about my forum should help:
Version: 2.0.22 -> Updated from phpBB 2.0.21
MODs installed: a lot (Cracker Tracker, Categories Hierarchy, JR Admin, DHTML Slide Menu, Topic Calendar, XS News, Exteme Styles, Attachments MOD, IM Portal, pafileDB Download, Inline Banner Ad, Humanizer, Advanced UCP, Advanced BBCode Box, Links, Smartor's album... I think i forget someone...)

Greetings and i'm sorry about my poor english :)

KasLimon

Re: ACP is not getting the language

Post by KasLimon » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:32 pm

Hi again, I'm so confused, i entered now to the ACP and everything is going like before, but I realized that some modules are working good. Exactly the modules who's lang vars are not declared like that:
$lang['module name'] = 'text'; (not working)

I think that i should declare something that i have to put in admin/index.php, like i saw in some files:
$lang = array();

Can some code like that repair the error? if it does, where shall i put it?

thanks

Jim_UK
Former Team Member

Re: ACP is not getting the language

Post by Jim_UK » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:45 pm