my free forums org page has not loaded for 2 days is it gone

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
raydavies

my free forums org page has not loaded for 2 days is it gone

Post by raydavies »

what is going on.. have they totally switched servers.. and is my forum lost... ??

i had members on there ..

any help ;is appreciated

http://tvcapturesb4andafter.freeforums.org/

hewmac06
Former Team Member
Name: Hugh

Re: my free forums org page has not loaded for 2 days is it gone

Post by hewmac06 »

They say they have a DNS caching problem see: http://freeforums.org/

rvmomma

Post by rvmomma »

and, phpbb.com has no connection with freeforums.org or any other of the hundreds of free forum sites out there. they just all use the phpbb software because it is free.

they come and go on a daily basis because they think they will make a bunch of money off of ads, etc.

when the hosting bill or domain name renewal come due, they did not make any money and go away.

in the case of freeforums.org, they did not pay for their domain name renewal on time and lost it.

this is the main reason why free is not worth the money. you spend all that time and effort on your board and poof, it's gone with no warning.

proy

Why do you say this

Post by proy »

Are you sure you are not mixed up here.

My Freeforums is different from Freeforums.

I have had good support from Freeforums.
Last edited by proy on Sat May 12, 2007 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Free forum sites serve a purpose for some people. If they are not allowed to advertise, they have NO chance of making it. The various announcements and forum rules make it clear that these forums are not supported here, nor indeed can they, as almost none give file or database access needed to fix problems.

Do you assume if you see an ad for a business on TV or a magazine that it constitutes a guarantee they will remain in business?
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

chris207

Post by chris207 »

proy wrote:
in the case of freeforums.org, they did not pay for their domain name renewal on time and lost it.

Thankyou for this information. In that case, perhaps you should stop advertising Freeforums on this support site.

I don't think proy was trying to advertise them but rather make a joke at their expense :P

It is a known fact that many people make a forum host and expect to get rich fast and think their way of doing it is gold, then they fail like above.

People would rather get ad-free on some brand-new host then have a small text ad on a host that will be reliable. Most people hate to see other people profit from their actions, human nature.

proy

Post by proy »

rvmomma wrote: in the case of freeforums.org, they did not pay for their domain name renewal on time and lost it.

May I ask where you got this information please?

I have emailed the admin at freeforums and he assures me you are wrong, and that everything is fixed at Freeforums now.

He seems a good man. I have had interactions with him in the past. I am inclined to take him at his word.

He also responded very quickly.

45ish
Location: usa canada uk - where ever the english language takes me!

Post by 45ish »

Hi, I think Free Forums and MY free forums are two different groups. MFF has a few different things going on. My Fast Forums and My Free Forums. as for "Free Forums" site, I'm not up to date with their info. My very first forum was hosted at My Fast Forum dot org :) fun learning and awesome admin and support.

Division

Post by Division »

In response to the recent downtime, we have had experienced some issues which were related to a failed harddrive in one of the servers. This has been fixed along with us upgrading the RAM which will ensure that any forums hosted with us will perform at the best speed possible.

As with the supposed domain problem, that is just a rumor. Our domain is pre-paid until 2012, so that isn't a problem.
chris207 wrote: It is a known fact that many people make a forum host and expect to get rich fast and think their way of doing it is gold, then they fail like above.

As you can see from alexa:
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traff ... forums.org
we have doubled your traffic in just 3 months, and you've been around for over 1.5 years. Doesn't look like failing now does it?

For more information on our recent upgrade, you can read our news post here:
http://forum.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=6886

Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Post by Marshalrusty »

Division wrote: For more information on our recent upgrade, you can read our news post here:
http://forum.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=6886

And please use the board there for any support questions regarding freeforums.org phpBB installations.

Image Please PM me if you have any questions
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”