Siera - Admin link and log in/out ->Page cannot be found.

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Siera

Siera - Admin link and log in/out ->Page cannot be found.

Post by Siera » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:09 am

Hello. I am having a very similar problem, the only difference is that both the admin panel and log in buttons continuously say me to a page that says, The web site address you entered could not be found. It was working fine earlier today. I have cleaned my cookies and temp. files. I cannot get the cookie mod page to load. I really would hate to have to reinstall, since my host is a bit dumb and I can only upload one file at a time, and after each upload I have to make my way back to the directory, same goes for deleting files. Could someone please log into my account and see if everything is working for them? I would really appreciate it. Also, I have a new theme installed, but I havent been able to get into the cp to add it. All of my changes were made directly to subsilver. Ive already had to delete and reinstall once before, please dont make me have to do it again, lol :razz:
Last edited by Siera on Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rvmomma

Re: Admin link reloads index.

Post by rvmomma » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:43 pm

Siera wrote: Hello. I am having a very similar problem, the only difference is that both the admin panel and log in buttons continuously say me to a page that says, The web site address you entered could not be found. It was working fine earlier today. I have cleaned my cookies and temp. files. I cannot get the cookie mod page to load. I really would hate to have to reinstall, since my host is a bit dumb and I can only upload one file at a time, and after each upload I have to make my way back to the directory, same goes for deleting files. Could someone please log into my account and see if everything is working for them? I would really appreciate it. Also, I have a new theme installed, but I havent been able to get into the cp to add it. All of my changes were made directly to subsilver. Ive already had to delete and reinstall once before, please dont make me have to do it again, lol :razz:

you need a ftp program if you are going to have a web site.

the file manager in your hosting control panel is worthless for any serious work like this.

google for filezilla , install it on your computer, learn how to connect to your server with it and then you can do things like this.

you need to run the cookie MOD to fix this problem.
it is only one file to upload, so you should be able to do it even with your file manager.

first, create a folder in your phpbb folder and name it "install"

then upload the cookie.php file to that folder,

then go to it in your browser;
yourphpbb/install/cookie.php

then change the cookie name in the suggested settings

then accept the settings

then rename that install folder to install2

then log out
then log back in and test.

Siera

Re: Admin link reloads index.

Post by Siera » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:55 pm

My Current Cookie Settings:
  • :
  • :
  • :
  • :
  • :
  • :
  • :
  • :
  • :
  • :
My Suggested Cookie Settings: I made the suggest changes. And Im still unable to even log out so I can log back in.

I was originally using SmartFTP, apparently my host didnt like that ftp, and I was unable to do anything with it. Im able to upload with filezilla, but I cant create directories. The host is pretty good, they just have a few dumb flaws lol.

My forum is acting as if the links for log in, log out, and admin panel are wrong. I keep getting the error : The web site address you entered could not be found. I had a friend test it, and he had the same problem. So I know its not only on my end, and definately something wrong with the forum.

EDIT: apparently the site didnt like my copy/pasted code, lol.
Also I should probably add that when i loaded the install.php in my browser, there was a list of several "fuction" errors.

ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Re: Siera - Admin link and log in/out ->Page cannot be found.

Post by ric323 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:27 pm

All those multiple "/" are wrong.
I tried going to http://www.zendurl.com/vindicat/phpBB2/index.php
but your forum does not appear to be there. Where is it?
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”