Syntax Error Help!!

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Misschristie

Syntax Error Help!!

Post by Misschristie » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:26 pm

I am using westhost as my hosting company for my website http://www.dirtydavescycle.com. I changed hosting companies, ruined my site and now I am trying to recreate it. I cant seem to get the old message board I had restored again. I have a back up file of my PhpBB database that I created in December 2006. Since then I have tried to restore that back up but it seems the server has upgraded to a newer version and it says I have a syntax error on line 1. It sounds like my back up was created before the new version of phpBB was created so I need help modifying my back up? Restoring an old PhpBB to the newer version? Not sure what to do.

Here is a copy of the actual error I am receiving.

Error importing backup file ---- DEBUG MODE -----
SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL Syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQUL server version for the right Syntax to use near " at line 1.

Please help me. I would like to restore my old talk forum keeping old members and posts in tact. This is the only back up I have. I appreciate any help anyone can suggest.
Thank you in advance.....
Misschristie

rvmomma

Re: Syntax Error Help!!

Post by rvmomma » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:39 am

that just means there is an error in the file, not that there is a version problem.

how are you trying to restore the file?

how big is the file?

can you post the first 50 or so lines of it here in the code box.

Misschristie

Post by Misschristie » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:04 am

rvmomma wrote: that just means there is an error in the file, not that there is a version problem.

how are you trying to restore the file?

how big is the file?

can you post the first 50 or so lines of it here in the code box.

Sorry, I am not good with any of this. I have a back up of my database file that was backed up before my hosting company updated their phpbb. I tried to restore the back up by going into my site manager and uploading the back up into the mysqul phpbb portion of my site. I was online with tech support and they couldnt help me much. I also went into my phpbb admin board and tried to restore a database back up that is stored on my computer. That is where I got an error "1046, error in SQL syntax. check mysquil server version for the right syntax to use near " at line one."
I don't know how to list the first 50 or so lines of my back up. I can forward it to you in an e mail if that would help? I'm just stuck without a board and it sucks :cry:

thanks

smudge-it

Post by smudge-it » Mon May 07, 2007 7:06 am

Are all the values in 'quotes'

and have you escaped characters e.g. like \\ to escaper a \

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”