Yabb to phpbb conversion

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
OlgaSlad

Yabb to phpbb conversion

Post by OlgaSlad » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:14 pm

Hi,

I have been trying to convert my old Yabb forum to phpbb. I have downloaded the convert file and got as far as converting but every time I get to the Welcome to the YaBB to phpBB 2.0 Conversion Tool and fill in the details I get the following message:

Connecting to server
Connected to 213.171.218.253
Selecting database
Database GreeceForum selected
Parsing YaBB Memberlist file

Warning: fopen(C:/yabb/Members/memberlist.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fhlinux173/g/greecebuyingguide.com/user/htdocs/phpBB2/convert/convert.php on line 136
!Cannot open Members/memberlist.txt. Make sure the file exists, and be sure you entered the right YaBB install dir on the previous page!

I have checked and I do have memberlist.txt under the Member folder and am displaying the path correctly. Would anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you,

Olga

rvmomma

Re: Yabb to phpbb conversion

Post by rvmomma » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:41 am

well, wherever it is, the file is not where the script is looking for it.

you will either need to put the files in the correct places with the correct names, etc.

or

change the script to look for them wherever you have put them.

OlgaSlad

Re: Yabb to phpbb conversion

Post by OlgaSlad » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:36 am

Hi,

I have just checked with my web hosting company and they say that the fopen command has been disabled on their shared hosting platform for security reasons.

Could any one point me other direction on how to convert. It's once obstacle after another :?

Thank you!

Olga

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”